Question RAM not detected

May 6, 2021
Hi, I am using ASUS A456U series with these specs:
  • Model Name : A456U
  • Processor : i7-7500U Kabylake 2.70Ghz
  • RAM : 4GB (Soldered) + 4GB Samsung RAM DDR4-2133
My laptop won't detect the Samsung RAM. In the BIOS it only shows 4Gb of memory, in the task manager it also only shows 4Gb of memory.
However, when I installed CPU-Z, it showed 4Gb RAM in the Memory tab and 4Gb Samsung RAM in the SPD tab.

I tried taking the Samsung RAM and the laptop works just fine. I think it just wont read the Samsung RAM. Can somebody help me with this?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your laptop? You can use CPU-Z to tell you that. Also, what version of Windows 10 are you working with(assuming you're on Windows 10)? Have you tried reseating the ram in your laptop? Perhaps you will need to disconnect all sources of power to the laptop(adapter and battery, not the CMOS battery), remove the stick of ram, use an eraser to rub the gold contacts on the stick, wipe clean and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then reseat ram. See if that helps.

Pass a link to the stick of ram you're working with.

May 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your laptop? You can use CPU-Z to tell you that. Also, what version of Windows 10 are you working with(assuming you're on Windows 10)? Have you tried reseating the ram in your laptop? Perhaps you will need to disconnect all sources of power to the laptop(adapter and battery, not the CMOS battery), remove the stick of ram, use an eraser to rub the gold contacts on the stick, wipe clean and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then reseat ram. See if that helps.

Pass a link to the stick of ram you're working with.

I use X456UQK.304 BIOS, Windows 10 64-bit.
I have tried removing the RAM and it's still not working.

I tried doing your suggestions but I can't remove my laptop battery since it is inside and it still won't detect the RAM. Also how do I reset my RAM?

I am also confused about how come CPU-Z can detect my RAM when windows can't