[SOLVED] Ram Not Overclocking

Feb 20, 2020
Whenever i use the xmp profile my ram which is 16 gigabytes of ddr4 once i save the changes and my pc reboots it doesnt change the clockspeed and keeps it stuck at 2133

Solution
Alright. I doubt that should normally have issues with B450 Steel Legend and 2nd gen ryzen. It could be your motherboard setting bad values which were not specified by the XMP profile. First off, try enabling Gear Down Mode. If that doesn't work, try setting SOC voltage to 1.1V. You can also try specifying procODT to a value (40 is a good starting point, and higher should be more stable but less performance). Raising the DRAM voltage to 1.4 or 1.45V may help, but at that point, it's not performing within XMP spec and you could probably RMA it.
motherboard-asrock b450 steel legend
cpu-ryzen 5 2600
ram- 2x8 gb 3200 of corsair vengeance lpx
After applying the settings, and the PC restarts, does it spend an unusually long amount of time doing nothing (perhaps with the fans ramping up/down)? If its around 45 seconds to a minute of waiting, it could be failing to train memory.

What are the primary timings of the ram?

Feb 20, 2020
After applying the settings, and the PC restarts, does it spend an unusually long amount of time doing nothing (perhaps with the fans ramping up/down)? If its around 45 seconds to a minute of waiting, it could be failing to train memory.

after i apply the sttings it takes about that long idk but it does not
save the new timings or anything but my current ones are 15-15-15-36

Alright. I doubt that should normally have issues with B450 Steel Legend and 2nd gen ryzen. It could be your motherboard setting bad values which were not specified by the XMP profile. First off, try enabling Gear Down Mode. If that doesn't work, try setting SOC voltage to 1.1V. You can also try specifying procODT to a value (40 is a good starting point, and higher should be more stable but less performance). Raising the DRAM voltage to 1.4 or 1.45V may help, but at that point, it's not performing within XMP spec and you could probably RMA it.

Solution
Feb 20, 2020
ok, i'll try tomorrow and let u know what happens