[SOLVED] RAM not running as intended

cos_ine

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
So when I was getting my new PC, I bought the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB. It said 3200 MHz on the box. A couple of months passed by, and I thoroughly checked my BIOS again, and saw that the RAM was running on 2133MHz. I put it on 2666MHz and it was all normal. But when I set it to 3200MHz, my PC booted but there was just a black screen. I rebooted my PC and set it back to 2133MHz and everything was normal. Any ideas how can I get my RAM to 3200Mhz?

Solution
I put it on 2666MHz and it was all normal. But when I set it to 3200MHz, my PC booted but there was just a black screen.

I guess the Specs are the ones in your signature?

Hey there!

Did you only change the ram speed by hand or did you enable the XMP Profile?
The XMP Profile normally automatically changes all the values needed to reach said speeds.
Like Ram Voltage and so on.
If you changed the Ram Speed by Hand... it could be that the Ram voltage is to low to run at 3200 Mhz

Memphisto

Honorable
May 6, 2017
I put it on 2666MHz and it was all normal. But when I set it to 3200MHz, my PC booted but there was just a black screen.

I guess the Specs are the ones in your signature?

Hey there!

Did you only change the ram speed by hand or did you enable the XMP Profile?
The XMP Profile normally automatically changes all the values needed to reach said speeds.
Like Ram Voltage and so on.
If you changed the Ram Speed by Hand... it could be that the Ram voltage is to low to run at 3200 Mhz

Solution