[SOLVED] Ram not running at 1600mhz

Aug 14, 2020
I have maximus V gene, and I had 16 gb d DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM.
The MB's guide said that it could have 32 so I got and extra pair of 16GB DDR3 1600 Mhz.

The thing is now when I boot my PC and set to 1600 in bios it constsntly crashed (blue screen error). I thought those ram could be damage, but then also I thought maybe I was sold 1333mhz ram so i adjusted it to 1333mhz at the bios and my computer rans perfectly, haven't had a single crash since then.

Checked the model of the ram and did an online search and they are indeed 1600 Mhz RAM, so there lies mi issue, I can't get them to run at 1600mhz. Dunno if my motheboard doesn't support 32gb at 1600 (in the manual doesn't say I can't) or maybe im still missing a config in the Bios.

The mainbord doesn't hace a preconfig xmp profile, but I have it overclocked.

Solution
The MB's guide said that it could have 32 so I got and extra pair of 16GB DDR3 1600 Mhz.

The thing is now when I boot my PC and set to 1600 in bios it constsntly crashed (blue screen error). I thought those ram could be damage, but then also I thought maybe I was sold 1333mhz ram so i adjusted it to 1333mhz at the bios and my computer rans perfectly, haven't had a single crash since then.

Checked the model of the ram and did an online search and they are indeed 1600 Mhz RAM, so there lies mi issue, I can't get them to run at 1600mhz. Dunno if my motheboard doesn't support 32gb at 1600 (in the manual doesn't say I can't) or maybe im still missing a config in the Bios.

The...

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED

The mainbord doesn't hace a preconfig xmp profile, but I have it overclocked.
I'm guessing you bought the RAM sticks separately. All types of problems can occur if they didn't come paired straight from the manufacturer.

Solution