[SOLVED] Ram not running on the speed it's supposed to

Jan 20, 2019
Hello so Ive had this Alienware R4 running a single 8gb 2400MHz ram for quite a while now and feel like it's time for an upgrade. So I went ahead and bought a Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 CL14 SODIMM (HX424S14IB2/8) and sticked it in my second ram slot and when i booted it up and checked my task manager, the speed went down to 2133 MHz with 16gb of memory instead of 2400MHz. Am I missing something here?

Solution
Mixing RAM bought separately is never guaranteed to work without issue. You should go into the BIOS and see if you can manually select the rated speeds. Pay attention to the latency settings, if you have issues try raising these a little.
Mixing RAM bought separately is never guaranteed to work without issue. You should go into the BIOS and see if you can manually select the rated speeds. Pay attention to the latency settings, if you have issues try raising these a little.

Solution
Jan 20, 2019

Cant seem to manually change the rated speeds in bios.. Maybe because im on laptop? But yeah I opened up bios and it did say that my ram is running on 2133mhz. But there's no possible way for me to change it.