[SOLVED] Ram not showing right speed in bios

Sep 24, 2020
My Corsair Vengeance lpx 2x8gb 3200mhz is showing up as 2133mhz in my bios and when I try to manually change it my system won’t post and I need to boot it with 1 ram stuck I have A ryzen 5 3600 and a rog b450 f mobo

Just what did you change in Bios?
To get 3200MHz you can't just key 3200 in the DRAM frequency field without the correct Primary Timings and DRAM Voltage. This information is available in CPUz or within Bios from the SPD section in the Tools menu.
There may be an XMP or D.O.C.P profile to suit your RAM however they are OC RAM so no guarantee . You may have to key in SPD values manually.

Sep 11, 2020
The simplest thing would be to refer to your manual starting page 3-3.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E14401_ROG_STRIX_B450-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf
In the Bios you have to enable a feature called D.O.C.P. That should activate all good frequencies, timings and voltages automatically

i have same problem with ryzen 5 3600, asus tuf x570plus with current bios and chipset, i got qvl from asus rated at 3200 but it only shows up as 2300 even with docp profile on.

edit: just didnt save changes by accident after i updated bios, butr that fixed it for me with no weird tweaking

Last edited: