Dec 14, 2018
I found a a great deal on this:

PNY XLR8 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 RAM
Latency Timing: CL16
Speed: 3200MHz (PC4-25600)
2 x 8GB DIMM Dual Channel Kit
Intel XMP Profile Support
non-ECC Unbuffered Memory
EXTREME PERFORMANCE - Pushes the limit with aggressive speed, low latency, and extreme overclocking capabilities
XMP 2.0 SUPPORT - Super easy overlocking and runs at top speed
COOL UNDER PRESSURE - Engineered with heat spreaders to keep your machine running cool for an ultra-real gaming experience

It advertieses speeds as 3200MHz, but straight out of box the speed is 2133Mhz. And you have to oc to go higher.
Is this dangeorus? or un trustworthy? Is it still a good deal?

Solution
OC,means turning on the XMP profile in the bios.
Its just a simple click,and then you select the advertised speed.
Its refered as overclocking,but it really isnt.

badman614

Commendable
Dec 14, 2018
I found a a great deal on this:
PNY XLR8 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 RAM
Latency Timing: CL16
Speed: 3200MHz (PC4-25600)
2 x 8GB DIMM Dual Channel Kit
Intel XMP Profile Support
non-ECC Unbuffered Memory
EXTREME PERFORMANCE - Pushes the limit with aggressive speed, low latency, and extreme overclocking capabilities
XMP 2.0 SUPPORT - Super easy overlocking and runs at top speed
COOL UNDER PRESSURE - Engineered with heat spreaders to keep your machine running cool for an ultra-real gaming experience

It advertieses speeds as 3200MHz, but straight out of box the speed is 2133Mhz. And you have to oc to go higher.
Is this dangeorus? or un trustworthy? Is it still a good deal.

badman614

Commendable
Dec 14, 2018
Hold up,i dont understand something.
In your signature you have Vulkan ram,are you planning to sell that? and then you will but the new 2x8gb kit?
or did i miss something?
Also yes,make sure they are tightly packed.
Yep thats exactly it. Why do you ask?. Doesnt plastic build static electricity tho?

badman614

Commendable
Dec 14, 2018
Cool thanks Djoza, how come you asked:
In your signature you have Vulkan ram,are you planning to sell that? and then you will but the new 2x8gb kit?
or did i miss something?

badman614

Commendable
Dec 14, 2018
just confused since i didnt see your signature up till that reply.
How much are you planning to sell it for?
Hey!
I installed the RaM today. Was quite scary tbh, thought I was pushing on hard. A nyways, turned out fine.

so then I went to bios, to get it to desired speed. Couldn't find XMP 2.0 Anynwhere. I could only find A-XMP. Do you know why?
so then I chose profile one on that. What is the difference between XMP 2.0 and AXMP? What's the difference between two profiles on A XMP?

Least thing when I went into windows, it said only 13.9 is usable. Any idea why ??