Discussion RAM not working after buying new stick

Mar 13, 2023
Hi guys! I just want some help here because I purchased a new RAM to upgrade my pc and my mobo is way kind of "jurasic already" and it supports ddr3 RAM. So i tried to install the new stick hyperX fury ddr3 8gb 1600 to my AMD A8 7600 RADEON r7 10 Compute Cores 4c+6g 3.10ghz processor, followed the usual steps on installing new ram stick like unplugging the main power source, removing the cmos batt before installing the new one. It doesnt show any display on the monitor. So i did the same steps and place it on the second socket. Still no display. Next i tried to combined my old and new Ram stick to both of the sockets, no display still. Help. What to do or is my new purchased RAM really not compatible to my mobo? 🥺

Processor: AMD A8 7600 RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 3.10GHZ
RAM: 8GB
64 BIT OS
WINDOWS 10

OLD RAM: TEAMGROUP DARK 8GB DDR3 1600
New RAM: HYPERX FURY 8GB DDR3 1600

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
i should have just bought the kit right?

Yes, if you want a guarantee.

My mistake also is that I didnt research first my mobo if the new ram is compatible with it .

If you were to take out your TeamGroup RAM and plug in only HyperX RAM, then the new RAM should work.

What the issue is, that both RAM sticks doesn't want to work together, hence why PC doesn't work.
Sometimes, different sticks do work together, but most times, they do not. And here, you'd be playing RAM lottery. So, if you don't want to play RAM lottery, buy the RAM set, which comes as a 2x (or 4x) sticks in a set. <- These RAM sticks, in a set, are tested by RAM manufacturer and are guaranteed to work well with each other.

Haay.. maybe i wasted my money to this new ram 🥺

Most likely.

But now you know better.
Then again, experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first, and the lesson afterward. ;)