Question RAM not working after cleaning PC

Jan 7, 2022
So yesterday I wanted to clean up my PC as it was really dusty

I removed the GPU, opened it up, applied new thermal paste
CPU I haven't removed but I did clean the thermal paste and applied new one and I'm not an expert but I did this once or twice by now.

When I assembled all the parts and presses the power button I noticed that the DRAM led was solid red, I checked online and found out that the issue was with my RAM (just a reminder that it worked fine like an hour before I decided to clean it up)(also when I press the MEMOK button the boot loop starts).

Anyways I started to put in stick by stick of memory and out of 4 slots only one slot works and the one stick that was in that slot which was 2nd one from the CPU, and with that one stick the PC would turn on just fine.
I have tried basically all combinations, putting that working stick in other slots or puting other sticks in that working slot etc..
Tried resetting the BIOS by removing the battery and keeping it out for a while.

Since it is DDR3 it wouldn't be that expensive to buy new RAM but being in a 3rd world country it would still be a setback. What worries me the most is that the other 3 slots don't appear to be working which would mean that both the Mobo and RAM are busted I guess.

But yeah if anyone could help me with this I would really appreciate it

Jan 7, 2022
Do I understand this correctly?

Only 1 stick works and it works ONLY in 1 slot.

3 sticks appear dead. 3 slots appear dead.

Is that right?
That's about right, as I said it's not my first time cleaning my PC, and also as I said I tried the working stick in 3 other slots (doesn't work) and I tried the other sticks in that working slot (doesn't work).

I'm usually extremely careful when it comes to stuff like that, not applying force, not getting the parts or the Mobo wet etc..

I could understand 3 RAM slots dying suddenly.

I could understand a RAM stick dying suddenly.

However........having 3 RAM slots and 3 RAM sticks dying simultaneously is extremely unlikely. I strongly suspect something else is going on.

Did you replace the thermal paste on the CPU because temps were high? Normally, that stuff will last for 5 plus years in my experience.

Jan 7, 2022
I could understand 3 RAM slots dying suddenly.

I could understand a RAM stick dying suddenly.

However........having 3 RAM slots and 3 RAM sticks dying simultaneously is extremely unlikely. I strongly suspect something else is going on.

Did you replace the thermal paste on the CPU because temps were high? Normally, that stuff will last for 5 plus years in my experience.
I mainly put new thermal paste because I took off the radiator or the grill whatever it's called, so I could clean it by hand, because I don't have compressed air, and the paste on the CPU was really old and crusty so I thought why not clean it and put new paste on it.
But I guess I managed to mess something up