[SOLVED] RAM not working in dual channel mode, and wanting to troubleshoot with these in mind, are they the right ones to look for?

Nov 6, 2021
So I have a PC right now in which the RAM doesn't work in dual channel mode at all and I just wanna make sure it is a motherboard problem (Don't want to keep sending stuff for returns)

So my question is these should be the only things that can cause a PC to not work in dual channel right? (Most common to least common)
1. Bad RAM sticks - Will confirm with old desktop

2. Bad MOBO - Will confirm with old desktop

3. Board flex/Grounding Issue - Will test with MOBO on its box and CPU cooler just placed on top of CPU instead of screwed

4. Bad memory controller on the CPU - Will confirm with old desktop

Solution
BIOS is not the latest but I will update before I start troubleshooting
RAM sticks aren't factory pair but same model, do you think I can get a warranty if these are the issue?
Damage to MB socket or CPU probably not?, the PC worked for a few weeks in dual channel then one night it blue screens with a RAM error code and after that PC only works in single channel
Well, not being factory paired RAM can contribute but would be from day one and you say it worked previously.
i would run RAM diagnostics first, each one and in each place. That should give you an idea what may be wrong.
So I have a PC right now that doesn't work in dual channel at all and I just wanna make sure it is a motherboard problem (Don't want to keep sending stuff for returns)

So my question is these should be the only things that can cause a PC to not work in dual channel right? (Most common to least common)
1. Bad RAM sticks - Will confirm with old desktop

2. Bad MOBO - Will confirm with old desktop

3. Board flex/Grounding Issue - Will test with MOBO on its box and CPU cooler just placed on top of CPU instead of screwed

4. Bad memory controller on the CPU - Will confirm with old desktop
Also can be problem BIOS, is it up to date ?
Are RAM stick a factory pair ?
Damage to MB socket or CPU can also contribute to RAM problems.

Nov 6, 2021
Also can be problem BIOS, is it up to date ?
Are RAM stick a factory pair ?
Damage to MB socket or CPU can also contribute to RAM problems.

RAM sticks aren't factory pair but same model, do you think I can get a warranty if these are the issue?
Damage to MB socket or CPU probably not?, the PC worked for a few weeks in dual channel then one night it blue screens with a RAM error code and after that PC only works in single channel

Well, not being factory paired RAM can contribute but would be from day one and you say it worked previously.
i would run RAM diagnostics first, each one and in each place. That should give you an idea what may be wrong.

Solution
Nov 6, 2021
I did this before with Windows memory diagnostic, both RAM sticks were in slots A and it found no errors should I use another software? or just test the sticks individually on all the slots with Windows memory diagnostic?