[SOLVED] RAM not working on dual chanel

Jul 10, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm currently working on my first build. Anyways my RAM works just fine if I put it on slots 1-3 or 2-4 (single channel), but whenever I try to use 1-2 or 3-4 (dual channel according to my MOBO), my computer won't boot. When I use 1-3 or 2-4 IT DOES BOOT. Any suggestions?
Motherboard= Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI
RAM= 2x4gb Kingston HyperX

Thanks in advance

Solution
This is what the manual says:

When enabling Dual Channel mode with two or four memory modules, it is recommended that memory
of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used and installed in the same colored DDR3
sockets. For optimum performance, when enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules,
we recommend that you install them in the DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets.
Black Slots=Red Gray Slots=Green

|CPU Socket| |DDR3_4||DDR3_2||DDR3_3||DDR3_1|

You seemed to have missed details in the pictures and the configuration table. You had it configured properly before when using the same color slots, but...
Hello everyone, I'm currently working on my first build. Anyways my RAM works just fine if I put it on slots 1-3 or 2-4 (single channel), but whenever I try to use 1-2 or 3-4 (dual channel according to my MOBO), my computer won't boot. When I use 1-3 or 2-4 IT DOES BOOT. Any suggestions?
Motherboard= Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI
RAM= 2x4gb Kingston HyperX

Thanks in advance
You misread your manual. The slots you are using that boot are the correct slots. 1/3 and 2/4 are how it's suppose to be configured. Two modules in Black or Two in Gray with Gray being the first you should use.

Jul 10, 2020
You misread your manual. The slots you are using that boot are the correct slots. 1/3 and 2/4 are how it's suppose to be configured. Two modules in Black or Two in Gray with Gray being the first you should use.

When enabling Dual Channel mode with two or four memory modules, it is recommended that memory
of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used and installed in the same colored DDR3
sockets. For optimum performance, when enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules,

Black Slots=Red Gray Slots=Green

|CPU Socket| |DDR3_4||DDR3_2||DDR3_3||DDR3_1|

You seemed to have missed details in the pictures and the configuration table. You had it configured properly before when using the same color slots, but then started using different color slots for two modules, which is incorrect.

Solution