Question Ram Not Working.....

Nov 10, 2019
Got a problem lads, upgrade system to 32gb of corsair rgb 3200mhz RAM, was all fine and dandy for the last 2-3 weeks. today, i blue screened and i can only run DIMM 4 on its own and DIMM 1 and 3 even though i'm meant to use DIMM 2 and 4. I've reset my BIOS to default, tried running XMP but nothing works. Was on 2 x 8gb and that was in DIMM 2 and 4. Weird thing is, I put them in 2 weeks ago when I bought them and they've been fine, it just blue screened last night then wouldn't post so I presumed RAM. Me and my mate both have this problem but he has trident Z rgb

Hm... mixing and matching RAM kits can be problematic. Try booting with only one set. Am puzzled why the DIMM slots seem to behave the way you describe. Could try something like Memtest to check whether the RAM and slots aren't faulty.

The bluescreen message, from a bit of searching, usually suggests a driver issue; though in your case it's probably to do with the RAM. If you have the dump files from the crash, upload them, and someone here will hopefully be able to identify the cause more accurately.

Nov 10, 2019
Hm... mixing and matching RAM kits can be problematic. Try booting with only one set. Am puzzled why the DIMM slots seem to behave the way you describe. Could try something like Memtest to check whether the RAM and slots aren't faulty.

The bluescreen message, from a bit of searching, usually suggests a driver issue; though in your case it's probably to do with the RAM. If you have the dump files from the crash, upload them, and someone here will hopefully be able to identify the cause more accurately.
They're not mixed at all, i took the old kit out and put new ones in, ive now tried things and DIMMS 1, 3 and 4 all work together but when i stick DIMM 2 in it never works

So each stick works in every DIMM slot and Memtest comes back clean on every single possible configuration? There's nothing more to add on that front then as it would suggest everything is fine (even though something is wrong).

Would still suggest uploading crash dumps to see anyone else can provide an insight to what's going on.

Nov 10, 2019
So each stick works in every DIMM slot and Memtest comes back clean on every single possible configuration? There's nothing more to add on that front then as it would suggest everything is fine (even though something is wrong).

Would still suggest uploading crash dumps to see anyone else can provide an insight to what's going on.
nah, DIMMS 1, 3 AND 4 all work together, I put 2 in and it dont post

Puzzled how the tests came back fine. No matter.

Last thing I can think of would be checking whether any of the pins on the motherboard socket are bent. As far as I'm aware bent pins could cause possible issues like this with RAM, usually to do with mounting the CPU cooler as I understand it.

Nov 10, 2019
Puzzled how the tests came back fine. No matter.

Last thing I can think of would be checking whether any of the pins on the motherboard socket are bent. As far as I'm aware bent pins could cause possible issues like this with RAM, usually to do with mounting the CPU cooler as I understand it.
Its always been fine, never taken cooler off since its purchased 2 years go, thing is, the 8x2 kit was running DIMMS 2 and 4. I now run 24GB with DIMMS 1, 3 AND 4