Question Ram not working

fireuser27

Commendable
Aug 9, 2019
Specs:hp elitedesk 800 g1 sff, 20gb of compatible ram, one 120gb ssd,one 2tb seagate hdd,700W thermaltake psu and a gtx 1650 super, I5 4570 cpu.

It all started yesterday when I woke up the gpu wasn't working that worried me so I tried the computer without the gpu it worked normally so I was happy but then my ram replacement came in it's a 8gb ddr3L pc3l-12800 dimm/1600mhz 1.35 volts me thinking I got what I ordered just placed it in normally it gave me the 5 beeps of death because it was incompatible retried it in different slots by itself nothing worked then I found out it wasn't compatible I didnt really care so I just put the old rams back in and to my surprise they didnt work either I took them all out (they are compatible 1.5volts) and retired them in each slot by themselves...nothing! And what's worse is that irritating beep it was 5 beeps with the red led on the start button I searched it up and it said it was a memory problem but it literally worked like 5 minutes ago this was getting frustrating so I just tried things like waiting after the beeps ended so the did but the led still flashed red continuously and the cpu fan roared which startled me and it just stayed like that until I shut the pc down I tried using the ram that came with it still 5 red beeps that angered me because ik the rams work, I tried disconnecting the cpu power which then gave me 4 red beeps thinking that fixed it I put the cpu power back in place and put all the ram sticks back and still nothing works called hp they said it was a problem with my motherboard but of course how can a mother board go bad after taking out and reinstalling ram that quick someone please help this is extremely time consuming and I spent way to much money on this already I just wanna get a clear problem.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Is there a Clr_CMOS (or CLRTC) jumper on that motherboard ?
If so I would Clear CMOS using these steps:
Put the known working RAM and GPU back in.
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR_CMOS (or CLRTC) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
Plug the PC back in.
Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
Repeatedly tap the DEL key
A screen should come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

Last edited:

fireuser27

Commendable
Aug 9, 2019
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR_CMOS (or CLRTC) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
Plug the PC back in.
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.
Tried that and taking out the battery and even clicking the button still just beeps with a red led flash on my start button

fireuser27

Commendable
Aug 9, 2019
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Plug the PC back in.
Save and exit the BIOS.
And my keyboard gets no power and my monitor doesn't even blink open it's as if they aren't getting power same with the ram and gpu ik it's not the psu cause I tried both the old and the new they worked fine

TRENDING THREADS