[SOLVED] Ram OC question

Nov 3, 2019
My friend is building a pc and I helped him choosing some of his parts. So he got R5 3600X, B450 Tomahawk Max and Patriot Viper Steel (2x8) 3200Mhz ram and we are wondering can we OC the ram higher to like 3600?

Solution
My friend is building a pc and I helped him choosing some of his parts. So he got R5 3600X, B450 Tomahawk Max and Patriot Viper Steel (2x8) 3200Mhz ram and we are wondering can we OC the ram higher to like 3600?
Probably. When integrated circuits are manufactured there are always small flaws. It's these flaws that limit the stable speeds the chip can be run at (ok, there some physics involved too). With some luck, the memory chip and CPU have a minimal number of flaws and can be run at higher speeds than advertised (with memory chips you can also futz with timings to get them stable). So, probably.

Reactions: KraskataBGPro
Solution