dralaamonirsrg

Commendable
Sep 28, 2018
Dear hardware experts,

I have migrated to ryzen and got the 3600
But stuck with the ram i had with intel
Which is hyperx fury rated 2666mhz cl15 4x4gb.
Overclocking went ok as i was able to push it 3400mhz cl18 at 1.36v and got increase in the bandwidth of reading about 50k while writing was still in the 23k mark and latency at 80ns. Tried playing with the timings tightning them with alot of variations. Despite stability test passed repeating gaming benchmarks gave deffrent results regarding minimum fps while average fps increased but still variations while repeating the benchmarks.
I was thinking of just giving up and get a new 3600 or 3200mhz kit but again started to think what if it wont show deffrence. All i care is the minimum fps or minimum 0.1, 1% so i wonder what shall i do?

Motherboard is tomahawk b450
Ram is hyperx fury 2666 4*4 gb "micron b-die,single rank"
Am on latest bios

Regards

That's probably due to different games react differently to memory frequency and latency. When you OC that far, Cl has to go up higher than it would be with RAM naturally at higher frequency.
At normal XMP with 3600MHz RAM for instance, it should run at maximum Cl16. Overall you wouldn't get much more from what you have now, maybe at some games only.

dralaamonirsrg

Commendable
Sep 28, 2018
That's probably due to different games react differently to memory frequency and latency. When you OC that far, Cl has to go up higher than it would be with RAM naturally at higher frequency.
At normal XMP with 3600MHz RAM for instance, it should run at maximum Cl16. Overall you wouldn't get much more from what you have now, maybe at some games only.
Yea i noticed that. Weirdest game was assasins creed odyssey showed -+15fps variation in the minimum with sometimes shows spike in the cpu latency grapgh (probably that when it goes near 100% load) my guess was either my ram doesnt like the oc or the game itself doesn't seemed scaling well with it. The thing is that i been trying alot of speeds and setting. Even tried to leave it 2666 and adjust timings with ryzen ram calclator which my pc failed booting with it till i loosen the timings. I would mabe wait black friday/cyber monday and get new kit anyways and see but wanted to know what do u guys think about this. I would go samsung b-die kit as i heard they work more stable at higher clocks with oc potential

Regards

Yea i noticed that. Weirdest game was assasins creed odyssey showed -+15fps variation in the minimum with sometimes shows spike in the cpu latency grapgh (probably that when it goes near 100% load) my guess was either my ram doesnt like the oc or the game itself doesn't seemed scaling well with it. The thing is that i been trying alot of speeds and setting. Even tried to leave it 2666 and adjust timings with ryzen ram calclator which my pc failed booting with it till i loosen the timings. I would mabe wait black friday/cyber monday and get new kit anyways and see but wanted to know what do u guys think about this. I would go samsung b-die kit as i heard they work more stable at higher clocks with oc potential

Regards
Yes, Samsung b-die is the king with all systems but I had good results with Hynix m-die with 1st gen Ryzen. There's a talk about Samsung stopping b-die production as their a-die and e-die are just as good.

Reactions: dralaamonirsrg