[SOLVED] Ram on MB list but Not AMD

May 12, 2022
Hello, I have been having issues with some games crashing on me lately. I have done all the test that I could find to do, from stress testing the gpu/cpu and running a memory tester. All worked as expected. I was still having issues with crashing. So I figured that I would get some new RAM as that is fairly easy to replace. So I was on the gigabyte site for my MB ( x570 elite) My current ram is listed there but I was also looking on AMD's site and it is not on the list. Who do I trust? I tend to trust AMD more as it is tested for the processor. The problem started just over a month ago. I had swapped out my 3600 for the 5800x. Never had issues for the previous year with the 3600. And no issues for a few months on the 5800x

5800x
Aorus Elite X570
SeaSonic Focus 650w
2 NVME drives.
Fresh install of Win 11 ( may go back to 10)
H150i AIO
Gskill Ripjaws F4-3200C16D-16GVKB (current ram)
All Updates done, bios-drivers-programs.

Thanks

Solution
The memory QVL documentation is only for RAM that the manufacturer tested and signed off on. It does not mean that is the only RAM you can use with the system.

I believe every system I've built, none of the RAM was on the QVL documentation.
May 12, 2022
The memory QVL documentation is only for RAM that the manufacturer tested and signed off on. It does not mean that is the only RAM you can use with the system.

I believe every system I've built, none of the RAM was on the QVL documentation.
Good to know, because I a struggling to find ram on BOTH lists. I will keep looking as I believe the ram is the cause. My son has a way to keep GTA5 online and not actually play and the game will run for a while, but when you play the game for real is when It crashes.