[SOLVED] RAM on new build. Can't change from 2133MHz to 3200MHz

dmk1701

Reputable
Oct 24, 2020
DDR Speed driving me INSANE on new build. I've tried to change the DRAM voltage manually but nothing's working. I have very limited knowledge and have now hit a dead end. BIOS is up to date as well.

Motherboard is an MSI B550 Mortar Wifi. Ryzen 3600XT. RAM are Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200MHz but stuck on 2133 and I just don't have the knowledge to fix this.

I posted a thread elsewhere here that has all the screenshots, sorry but I wasn't able to add them here, which gives you an idea of the sheer level of cluelessness I have.

Have just hit a brick wall now and it's extremely frustrating

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
DDR Speed driving me INSANE on new build. I've tried to change the DRAM voltage manually but nothing's working. I have very limited knowledge and have now hit a dead end. BIOS is up to date as well.

Motherboard is an MSI B550 Mortar Wifi. Ryzen 3600XT. RAM are Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200MHz but stuck on 2133 and I just don't have the knowledge to fix this.

I posted a thread elsewhere here that has all the screenshots, sorry but I wasn't able to add them here, which gives you an idea of the sheer level of cluelessness I have.

Check to see if that specific memory model is compatible with your board (i.e. on the QVL)...

RealBeast

Titan

Check to see if that specific memory model is compatible with your board (i.e. on the QVL) HERE under compatibility on left side and then select memory for 3XXX, as that is common on the AMD boards to see the base frequency only. If it is not on there email Corsair support for a possible exchange or further advice.

Solution

dmk1701

Reputable
Oct 24, 2020
I checked this and it doesn't actually appear to be compatible. I entered the model number CMW32GX4M2C3200C16W and nothing came up. Not sure if I've done that correctly. If they are incompatible do I need to replace them? It's strange because it has no problem detecting them on BIOS