Question RAM or CPU problem?

boneeye

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
I currently have a Ryzen 5 1400 with 8 gigs of micron ram in an asrock ab350m pro4 motherboard. As I didn't overclock and wanted onboard graphics, I bought myself a Ryzen 3 3200g. The CPU is in the supported list of CPU's of the motherboard in their website so I thought it would be fine. I also made sure I updated the motherboard to the latest BIOS. The system didn't POST after I installed it. I took my RAM out and placed it in another RAM slot. After that I got a POST. I opened the BIOS and everything showed up correctly, but after I restarted it was back to the no POST thing. I have no clue what the problem is. I tried replacing the 3200g with the 1400 and it still booted up correctly.

You might have to reset CMOS after the bios update to clear the bios fully so it will take the new CPU. You mobo manual will show you how to do that.

Normally with the system powered off, you remove the CMOS battery, move a jumper to a different position, move it back, replace battery and fire it up again. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

boneeye

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
You might have to reset CMOS after the bios update to clear the bios fully so it will take the new CPU. You mobo manual will show you how to do that.

Normally with the system powered off, you remove the CMOS battery, move a jumper to a different position, move it back, replace battery and fire it up again. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

I just tried it but it didn't work. I wonder if this is because of the CPU. I don't have any other system to try it on though.