Ram or motherboard problem.

Sep 4, 2018
Hello, i have this weird issue with my memory. I bought a prebuilt pc and upgraded basically everything except my memory and motherboard. I changed my pc case 10 days ago and after that my mobo started beeping furiously which was not corresponding to any of the AMI beep codes. Usually it was beeping for like 20-30 minutes and then it would post, but 2 days ago i tried checking my memory and apparently if i use only 1 stick of memory, it boots without a problem. But whenever i try to boot with both sticks, it begins beeping again. The funny thing is that they work fine alone in both slots. I tried buying another stick of 4gb memory, but it wouldnt work at all, though it was a different brand from my old memory. It wouldnt be such a problem if ihad 4 slots of memory or higher capacity sticks, because both of them are 2 GB and playing games with only 1 of them is just sad, honestly. My system is the following:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE FA55M DS2 Rev 3.0
Ram: Hynix HMT325U6BFR8C-H9N0AA(both sticks)
Graphics card: Sapphire R9 280x(Tri-x)
Storage: WD 500GB 5400 RPM and 120GB Kingston SATA SSD
PSU: Chieftec GPA 500S 500W
Peripherals are irrelevant to this issue, i believe.

If there is already a thread with a similar problem, please leave a link in the thread.
Thank you, in advance.

The continuous beeping is indicating no memory. You can replicate it by removing the RAM, and starting the PC. It should beep like mad.

I suspect that the two memory sticks are not matched, and are incompatible together. I would suggest getting a matched set of dual channel memory.

It is more likely the RAM. You can run Memest on them to confirm. The fact that it will run on one stick would tend to point to the RAM as the problem.

But if you want to replace the motherboard, that is a possible solution too. Are there any diagnostic LEDs lit up on the motherboard?