[SOLVED] Ram & other parts of dell vostro 3670 mt pre-built desktop pc

yusuf_xd

Reputable
Dec 13, 2018
Hi i am planning to buy a dell vostro 3670mt pre-built pc with an i3 8100 cpu which comes with a 4gb ddr4 2400mhz ram. I want to upgrade the ram to 8gb. The seller said i can add 4gb ddr4 ram he sold from brands like corsair/twinmos/adata. I heard from somewhere else that these rams might not work with this pc. I want to know which branded ram is inside this pre-built pc (it isn't mentioned anywhere) and which rams will be compatible with this pc.

I live in Bangladesh where the tech company like dell or hp doesn't directly sell to customers and there is a tradition of unethical business by the local sellers. So i want to know how can i be sure that the pc the seller will provide me is the original product from the brand? I mean how may i know if he replaced some parts like ram/psu/dvd-drive/cpu-cooler/casing-fan/motherboard with other cheaper or used stuffs. Although it comes with a 3 year warranty, but i have to send the product to him for warranty.

I also want to know how i would know if the extended ram(of other brands he has) is working or not?? The seller told me any 2400mhz ram is gonna work with it and it has a korean hi-mix ram inside it? Is it the original ram from dell?

Solution
All those companies make several types of RAM. Some will work others won't. Korean Hynix RAM is a Dell OEM supplier, but they use Samsung, Micron also. Dell Parts all have a white label with Dell Part# on them or noted as DPN. There are so many used Dell comopnents on the market that it's not usually worth the trouble to swap them out with other parts. At least in the western market. For example Dell PSUs are good parts but Dell makes the wires just the right length. So an aftermarket PSU can fit the Dell but the Dell PSU may have to go back into another Dell. I can't really say much about what goes on in Bangladesh. Some people do dishonest things just to be dishonest. But Dell uses good quality parts bought in bulk. They aren't...
All those companies make several types of RAM. Some will work others won't. Korean Hynix RAM is a Dell OEM supplier, but they use Samsung, Micron also. Dell Parts all have a white label with Dell Part# on them or noted as DPN. There are so many used Dell comopnents on the market that it's not usually worth the trouble to swap them out with other parts. At least in the western market. For example Dell PSUs are good parts but Dell makes the wires just the right length. So an aftermarket PSU can fit the Dell but the Dell PSU may have to go back into another Dell. I can't really say much about what goes on in Bangladesh. Some people do dishonest things just to be dishonest. But Dell uses good quality parts bought in bulk. They aren't "special" in any way that makes them desirable to steal. Just reliable average performing parts. Dell parts will either be normal parts, and not worth stealing due to that, or special parts that only work in that particular Dell. Again a waste of time. At least that's how they're veiwed here.

Solution