RAM overclocking help

EM98xXkillerXx

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
Ok, so basically I am wondering if i will need the heatsinks on my ram.
the product is:
f312800cl9q16gbzl
Its a 4x4 gb 1600mhz g skill ripjaws z kit with a cas latency of 9-9-9-24, i am wondering if i can take off the heatsinks and overclock this memory to 1866 mhz and have stable temperatures and no problems with lowering the speeds. My pc isnt finished yet, i havent gotten all of the parts, however i got this ram on sale for a pretty good price. I will be using this for gaming, game making, video editing, photoshop applications, etc. My case has great airflow so that isnt a problem (lots of pwm noctua 120mm fans) but i dont want to have the heatsinks on, the cpu cooler i plan on getting for my cpu (4790k) is a noctua nh d15, however my reasons are more for aesthetics than for compatability concerns. Any responses are helpful.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
You have 1600 with a 9 CL so initially you are raising the data rate and the CL (to 1866 10), along with the voltage a tad. If that is stable can try tightening the CL at 1866 for increased performance, which may raise DRAM temps slightly but it's negligible (no ill effects)

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
You have 1600 with a 9 CL so initially you are raising the data rate and the CL (to 1866 10), along with the voltage a tad. If that is stable can try tightening the CL at 1866 for increased performance, which may raise DRAM temps slightly but it's negligible (no ill effects)

Solution