Question RAM pass memtest but freezes on startup

imamrhakim

Prominent
Sep 13, 2020
So i just bought a new 4x1 gb ramstick to upgrade my ram to 8gb by adding it to the 2nd slot of my laptop. But on startup after it loads some program, it freezes after a few minutes in, or bsod occurs on some occasion with error irql_driver_less_or_equal. I tried clean booting, disabling memory cache, but the freeze/crash still occurs. Windows Memory Diagnostics does not shows any errors.

Eventually i tried to check the new ramstick with memtest86 (not the plus one) by only sticking that particular ramstick. It passed with no error. When i tried to boot up the laptop with only this ramstick, the freeze always occur faster than before except for the first time i tried it (i can operate the laptop longer but it still freezes later on).

Fyi it does not freeze on safe mode. I am pretty confused where is the problem and what i should do. I tried to run the laptop with my own ram in the other slot and there is no problem, so i dont think the ramslot is the problem.

Any help is appreciated. I have minidump file on the crashes when i boot up with both ramstick which i am trying to upload but unable due to permission issues. It says hardware (ip misaligned) and ntkernel (dont remember the failure on this one).

Images of minidumps

Thankyou for your help

Specs
Laptop: HP Notebook 14s-cf2010tx
Processor: Intel i5-10210U 1.6GHz
VGA: Intel UHD & AMD Radeon 530
RAM: 4GB DDR4 2666 (Dont know the manufacturer, this one is the default ram)

New RAM: VGen Platinum SO-DIMM 4GB DDR4 PC4 21000

imamrhakim

Prominent
Sep 13, 2020
Do you mean irql_driver_NOT_less_or_equal ?

Did you try looking up on line any fixes? eg
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnRyP-QYs20

Yeah my bad it as irql_driver_not_less_or_equal. Though for your other question, if you read the next sentence right after, i did mention that i have done all the solution the video suggests and none of them works.

In the end, the case is closed. I tried to match the PC and the CAS latency and it matches, so the most likely case is a faulty driver. Luckily the store which i bought the ramstick from still provide warranty to replace the product, but i kinda regret that i bought this instead of Corsair which costs only a little bit more than this ramstick of mine.

Thank you for your response anyway.