Question RAM problem (BSOD)

Weabman

Reputable
Apr 15, 2019
Having these bsods earlier after changing motherboards.
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

the problem occurred right at the start of me trying to install a fresh OS on the motherboard i bought, an MSI X570 Tomahawk Wifi Max while at the windows setup i kept getting blue screens and is not able to move forward with a fresh install, then i just used the OS that the ssd had with the old motherboards drivers (an Asrock B450m steel legend) so i downloaded the amd chip update and the bios update for the new motherboard, while at the process of doing it i kept getting blue screens over and over and sometimes it freezes my pc.

i have tried a couple of things
  • running with a one stick of ram and switching them (won’t work still gives me bsod or crashes the pc)
  • command prompt and used dism/sfc commands (still gives me bsod)
  • windows memory management (bsod)
  • update amd chip and bios (bsod)

Right now i am doing a memtest of it, I just dont get why the RAM is already faulty, just bought it off online last year from a pc part shop in our country, and I was still able to use it earlier (using the old motherboard) while working, I just switched hardwares immediately after my shift.

the RAM is a PNY XLR8 EPIC-X RGB 32GB (16x2) CL16 DDR4

Other specs:
GPU: Galax RTX 2080
PSU Seasonic 850w bronze rated

Having these bsods earlier after changing motherboards.
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

the problem occurred right at the start of me trying to install a fresh OS on the motherboard i bought, an MSI X570 Tomahawk Wifi Max while at the windows setup i kept getting blue screens and is not able to move forward with a fresh install, then i just used the OS that the ssd had with the old motherboards drivers (an Asrock B450m steel legend) so i downloaded the amd chip update and the bios update for the new motherboard, while at the process of doing it i kept getting blue screens over and over and sometimes it freezes my pc.

i have tried a couple of things
  • running with a one stick of ram and switching them (won’t work still gives me bsod or crashes the pc)
  • command prompt and used dism/sfc commands (still gives me bsod)
  • windows memory management (bsod)
  • update amd chip and bios (bsod)
Right now i am doing a memtest of it, I just dont get why the RAM is already faulty, just bought it off online last year from a pc part shop in our country, and I was still able to use it earlier (using the old motherboard) while working, I just switched hardwares immediately after my shift.

the RAM is a PNY XLR8 EPIC-X RGB 32GB (16x2) CL16 DDR4

Other specs:
GPU: Galax RTX 2080
PSU Seasonic 850w bronze rated
First check if RAM is in right slots, usually A2 and B2.
Did you actually update BIOS version to newest for CPU (which CPU ?) Not talking about drivers.
Yes RAM could be bad from factory , had that happen couple of times. Check MB manual for right slot if checking with single RAM stick, Most probably B2 slot.
RAM van also show as bad even if not if something else is wrong-

Weabman

Reputable
Apr 15, 2019
First check if RAM is in right slots, usually A2 and B2.
Did you actually update BIOS version to newest for CPU (which CPU ?) Not talking about drivers.
Yes RAM could be bad from factory , had that happen couple of times. Check MB manual for right slot if checking with single RAM stick, Most probably B2 slot.
RAM van also show as bad even if not if something else is wrong-
Yup, I m-flashed it and my CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600,
currently at test 3 out of 4 at memtest and nothing wrong so far but I might have to cancel since I have work soon. Checked the MB manual and they stated that I should always use the A2 slot (A2 and B2 slots used)

Weabman

Reputable
Apr 15, 2019
An update: I switched back to my old motherboard and was able to install a fresh OS and not a single BSOD popped, probably the x570 motherboard has problems with their ram slots since I have tried switching rams to no avail and it still causes BSOD