[SOLVED] RAM problem with Ryzen?

Jul 16, 2020
I'm quite stuck here and need some help. So I bought new memory a couple of weeks ago, but they didn't work and gave BSOD's every time I played games like Rust and other high ram usage games. So I tested them with MemTest and 1 of them had a lot of errors so I returned them. Fast forward 2 weeks later I bought the same ram kit and everything worked fine until I played Green hell and Battlefield games. Every time I played those games my monitor started turning off and heard no sound after 10 minutes of playing.

Now I changed the memory speed from 3200 to 2100 and seems to work better but I still get black screens after a couple hours of playing high ram usage games.

If I play games on my old ram sticks everything works just fine with no BSOD's or Black screens.

PC Specs:

Motherboard: Asrock AB350m-HDV

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200

GPU: GTX 770

(New) Ram sticks: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

Solution
I'm quite stuck here and need some help. So I bought new memory a couple of weeks ago, but they didn't work and gave BSOD's every time I played games like Rust and other high ram usage games. So I tested them with MemTest and 1 of them had a lot of errors so I returned them. Fast forward 2 weeks later I bought the same ram kit and everything worked fine until I played Green hell and Battlefield games. Every time I played those games my monitor started turning off and heard no sound after 10 minutes of playing.

Now I changed the memory speed from 3200 to 2100 and seems to work better but I still get black screens after a couple hours of playing high ram usage games.

If I play games on my old ram sticks everything works just fine...

RealBeast

Titan

If I play games on my old ram sticks everything works just fine with no BSOD's or Black screens.

PC Specs:

Motherboard: Asrock AB350m-HDV

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200

GPU: GTX 770

(New) Ram sticks: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
That memory is not on the QVL for that board with a Summit Ridge CPU, as you can see HERE. In fact no Corsair 3200 MHz memory is qualified. I would contact Corsair support for recommended speed, timings and voltage to get it running stable -- I'm sure that they get this question often as some Ryzen/board combinations are picky about the memory used.

Solution
Jul 16, 2020
That memory is not on the QVL for that board with a Summit Ridge CPU, as you can see HERE. In fact no Corsair 3200 MHz memory is qualified. I would contact Corsair support for recommended speed, timings and voltage to get it running stable -- I'm sure that they get this question often as some Ryzen/board combinations are picky about the memory used.
Aaaaahhh, now it makes sense.

Will it work if I upgrade my CPU to like a Ryzen 3600?