ram problems, and other issues with Asus rog maximus X hero wifi ac

Dec 9, 2018
I've had problems with my "asus rog maximus X hero wifi ac" since some time:
1- I can't set the ram to the correct frequency in the bios.
I installed G.SKILL TridentZ Series F4-3200 C14 32 GB (16 GB x 2) DDR4 3200 MHz CL14 1.35V.
I tried in various ways to set the ram to 3200mhz it would seem that with the xmp profile you can not do.
So I did it manually as the gskill service center told me:
“The kit should always be compatible with the ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero. Please make sure that you are using a current UEFI and that the modules are in the two correct slots according to the manual (usually A2 and B2). This is because the memory slots on the platform can no longer be occupied arbitrarily and the use of alternative slots can lead to the fact that the RAM can only be used with a significantly reduced clock rate.
Then check if the settings from the XMP are taken over correctly, i.e. memory clock (DDR4-3200), the timings (as shown in SPD information for the XMP) and the memory voltage (1.35V).
If this is still not successful, check if the additional configuration of Maximus Tweak to Mode 1 or Mode 2 instead of AUTO allows a successful start and stable operation.”
I set up in the additional configuration MAXIMUS TWEAK in mode 2, because in mode1 it didn’t worked.
But it seems that mode2 isn’t working well too, because sometimes can happend that when i turn on the pc: it doesn’t start (black screen) and i see the led code on the mainboard with the number that correspond to “ram doesn’t recognized”.
How can i check if i’m using a currently UEFI??
What else i can do?
2-when i’m using the bluetooth keyboard, it came up the american megatrends screen that say “no keyboard connected”.......when i’m using a wired keyboard no problem.
How can i get rid of that bullshit american megatrend’s page ??
3-The bluetooth seems doesn’t working well: very frequently my bluetooth devices stop working….then i turn off the bluetooth then turn on again….and everything is working.
4-Sometimes right after that my pc is turned on...if i click on the windows search bar (on the windows bar), or in the internet broswer it start automatically to wrote: 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
until i press esc.
and it happens for 2 consecutives times.
5-when the cpu is at 100% under rendering load in MODO the pc randomly freeze/lag for 1-2 sec (all the process: cursor, audio, and also the rendering) very very frequently:
then i tought that maybe the ploblem was the ram that was not correctly overclocked,
so i setted back the ram in automatic mode, it means at the base clock 2133mhz.
But nothing changed.
Then i upgraded to the last bios version: non it freeze less, and not in that total way, because now if i’m listening a song while is rendering the audio doesn’t freeze anymore.
But still happens.

My sistem:
intel i7-8700k
nvidia geforce gtx 1050ti 4gb
G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200mhz CL14 32 GB (16x2)
kraken x72
samsung sata ssd 860 evo 250gb
samsung sata ssd 850 evo 250gb
EVGA Bronze BQ 500W

I would start at the beginning by clearing your CMOS and starting again. Clearing the CMOS will set your BIOS back to it's original optimised settings.... Then go and set MCE (multi-core enhancement) to on, then to XMP and set it to profile 1 which should be DDR4 3200....

As to the blutooth issues, could be a driver issue and after resetting the BIOS check to make sure you are on the latest drivers...

Dec 9, 2018
This time when after i set up xmp profile 1 i clicked yes instead of no.
But anyway the system seems unstable (61 on the motherboard's led, and the bios that said press F1 to setup ecc ecc), so i had to set set up back at default settings.
I still don't understand why i cannot set up my ram at the exact frequency.....i paid for it!
click here to see the images