Question RAM QUESTION

shazam1408

Prominent
Jan 5, 2019
So i was gonna install my RAM and my 2 sticks fell on concrete floor, one looks fine but the other one was a bit bent on the corner bottom side, it fit the slot eitherway with just a tiny bit of extra regular pressure so my question is , due to it being on the bottom side, should i be worried? My PSU and Graphics come in tomorrow so i cannot test them via booting yet. Could use some info... I got no other way of getting new ram so im legit worried.

shazam1408

Prominent
Jan 5, 2019
if the pcb on it or the gold fin are ok try each on of them in system to see how it been detect or board give warning .
They seem fine on one but the other one was like a tiny split open but not enough to not fit in dimm slot, Will test once the parts come in a couple hours from now. If it boots with no problem like you mentioned I will run a memtest and keep you updated. Thanks for the help.

shazam1408

Prominent
Jan 5, 2019
if the pcb on it or the gold fin are ok try each on of them in system to see how it been detect or board give warning .
Well scout thank you for all your help but RAM is alive and well, ran some tests and it's on 100% quality. However I will take into consideration that Ripjaws V can take a hit very well.