Question RAM rainbow wave go out of sync

venzah

Prominent
Jun 17, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have very strange problem. Yesterday I upgraded my RAM to XPG Spectrix D60G 2x8GB 3200mhz. The default lightning effect on the RAM modules is rainbow wave. That's fine, but after 10-15 seconds, they start to get out of sync and after 1 minute they go out of sync completely. It's pretty annoying.. I tried their XPG App sync, but same thing - after some time they desync again. Also every time I restart the PC it just go rainbow effect again, until Windows loads fully. Then it turns the effect that I have chosen before (for example static red). Tried also Asrock Polychrome since my MB is Asrock B450 fatal1ty gaming K4, but same there. I read few topics about other brands having the same issue. Is it just me or it's like this with everyone?

Help is much appreciated!
Stay safe!

Colif

Win 11 Master
so there is no way to change the default lighting effect saved on ram to say the same as what you have in windows?
My Corsair RGB ram has at least 2 profiles, one is hardware which it uses before windows starts, and the other is software that runs when Icue is running.

these are free programs you could try to use to sync all the RGB
your ram is mentioned on this one - https://www.whirlwindfx.com/pages/supported-devices

venzah

Prominent
Jun 17, 2021
so there is no way to change the default lighting effect saved on ram to say the same as what you have in windows?
My Corsair RGB ram has at least 2 profiles, one is hardware which it uses before windows starts, and the other is software that runs when Icue is running.

these are free programs you could try to use to sync all the RGB
your ram is mentioned on this one - https://www.whirlwindfx.com/pages/supported-devices
Oh, so it seems every rgb ram is like this (with 2 profiles). I'm able to change it in windows. That's not a problem. The problem in my case is that they start synced but after some time they desync, but on all RGB ram reviews that I watched today is like this. It seems like this is the way it is.

venzah

Prominent
Jun 17, 2021
Were the videos just on XPG ram? I saw similar results on the older ram, seems a feature... pretty annoying.

I just have solid colors on my ram as it is more reliable than having moving patterns, even on Corsair ram.
Yeah. XPG and other brands as well. I will probably stick with a solid color as well.
Thanks for your replies man! Have a wonderful year!

May 5, 2022
Hello everyone,

I have very strange problem. Yesterday I upgraded my RAM to XPG Spectrix D60G 2x8GB 3200mhz. The default lightning effect on the RAM modules is rainbow wave. That's fine, but after 10-15 seconds, they start to get out of sync and after 1 minute they go out of sync completely. It's pretty annoying.. I tried their XPG App sync, but same thing - after some time they desync again. Also every time I restart the PC it just go rainbow effect again, until Windows loads fully. Then it turns the effect that I have chosen before (for example static red). Tried also Asrock Polychrome since my MB is Asrock B450 fatal1ty gaming K4, but same there. I read few topics about other brands having the same issue. Is it just me or it's like this with everyone?

Help is much appreciated!
Stay safe!

I have the exact same problem. I figured out a possible reason. The effects that an RGB software gives you are precisely the effects that your module came with (they are saved into the module itself), so the software is able only to switch between modes; it is not your computer the one that is dictating what the rams do. The point is, each module has a slightly different timer for all rgb effects, and since you have two separate modules and each one has their own timer, it is natural that they go out from sync eventually. It is like syncing two clocks and expect that, after a year, they will be exactly the same. If you want to get them completely synchronized, you need to use a software that doesn't use the built-in effects, but uses personalized ones that need your computer to send the instructions constanly to the modules (for example, Signal RGB). However, that kind of software is CPU-consuming, so it will take like 2 or 3% of your CPU usage.