Ram Ram all around, but which one is for ME!!!

ShEpRON

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hello all, i trust the festering season, sorry, i mean festive season has found everyone well..... I have a quick yet very important question to ask. Memory!!! Im about to place an order for some ram for my new system.. its based on the Asus nForce 680i board. and i was wondering... the board claims to support DDR2 1200 Memory. Now heres my question... I have a choice of THREEEEEE thats right THREEE memory thingy ma doodads..

(1) In the Yellow corner, ive got Kingston HyperX DDR2 800 Ram 2GB (2x1GB) with SLI and EPP (cl 4)...

(2) Team Xtreem Overclocking DDR2 1000MHz - 2GB (2x1GB Dual Channel) (cl 5)...

OR

(3) OCZ Gold GX XTC Gaming Memory - DDR2-1000MHz - 2GB (2x1GB) (cl 5-6-6-15)

All i want to do is play some HARDCORE games no over clocking or fiddling. JUST PLUG AND PLAY!... I've got a Core 2 6600 now and i will be getting a quad core 6700 so i want to know, will the DDR2 800 with epp and sli outperform in games compared to the DDR2 1000's ??? OH what ever do i DO!!! i want something that will last at least a year!!!

G

Well if you dont OC, any of these stick would do fine.

I heard great thing about the Team Xtreem so I would be leaning towards this kit.

In any case you will probably have to tweak the Bios a little. I suggest you read a little and get the hang of it because it will get you extra perf in games.

ShEpRON

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Why thank you my Macro Moleculed friend! Its interesting you should say that, because the team extream ram is slightly cheaper than the rest, and the kingston epp/sli ram is the most expensive. which brings me to another question. is epp / sli ram a waist of time?

G

Well it will do, in theorie, automatically what you would normally do manually in the Bios.

So it can actually save your time if you don't want to tinker in the BIOS.
I wouldn't spend extra money for it!