RAM Reading Diffrent Frequency In BIOS

wuba

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2012
I have recently bought to Corsair Venagnce sticks both are rated at 3200mhz but I seen on BIOS one stick shows at 3200mhz and an other at 2933mhz. The DRAM Frequency is set to auto and the adjusted DRAM frequency would show at 2133mhz. Is this normal or is one the sticks bad?

I have a B350 Tomahawk Artic Motherboard and saids it can support 3200MHz(OC)

These are the memory sticksSticks

Here a picture of bios (note I had changed the DRAM Frequency to 3200mhz I set it back to auto after I took the picture)
20sw3s2.jpg

Solution
Yup,the "profile1" and "profile2" are the possibilities for an XMP profile,these are not stating what stick 1 or 2 are capable of.Like said,just enable A-XMP and choose profile 2 and see if it boots without problems. With Ryzen you still might have problems getting 3200mhz.If this doesn't work or isn't stable (test this) use the profile 1 and see if this works more stable.
Could with MSI even use the "memory try it" option and use the timings for 3200 (Timing 16-18-18-36 ) with 3033mhz for instance.
Testing ram can be done with prime95 in blend or Aida64 (there's for a limited time a free version) ,with the latest you can only test ram.
Also check if you have the latest bios,this probably will get more stability for ram trying to get it...
I'm not entirely familiar with that BIOS, but it looks to me like they might just be listing what XMP profiles are available there, while the "Adjusted DRAM Frequency" should be showing what is actually in use. I assume it will let you select between those two profiles if "A-XMP" is enabled.

If the sticks were bought packaged together new as a dual-channel kit, and have the same model numbers on them, then they should be a matching set. You may want to verify that they are in the correct slots for enabling dual-channel mode though.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Yup,the "profile1" and "profile2" are the possibilities for an XMP profile,these are not stating what stick 1 or 2 are capable of.Like said,just enable A-XMP and choose profile 2 and see if it boots without problems. With Ryzen you still might have problems getting 3200mhz.If this doesn't work or isn't stable (test this) use the profile 1 and see if this works more stable.
Could with MSI even use the "memory try it" option and use the timings for 3200 (Timing 16-18-18-36 ) with 3033mhz for instance.
Testing ram can be done with prime95 in blend or Aida64 (there's for a limited time a free version) ,with the latest you can only test ram.
Also check if you have the latest bios,this probably will get more stability for ram trying to get it to 3200mhz.

Solution

wuba

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2012

I enabled A-XMP Profile 2 and ran at 3200MHz and I run Prime95 for 10 minutes without any problems. I did update the BIOS before hand knowing I had an early 2017 version. Thanks for you help!

wuba

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2012

Yeah everything works fine. Im having other troubles with my PC though am going to make a thread for that.