[SOLVED] Ram reading lower then it should

Jun 8, 2020
Windows 10 home AMD Ryzen 3600 16 gigs ram (ddr4) AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB Model: GMA62OOWST

Computer Originally had 8 gigs. Added 16 gigs one day. Ram reading fine at 16 gigs. After I installed the ram I kept coming up with "Radeon settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure" everytime I booted. Went in BIOs and set all settings ram settings to automatic and disabled windows 10 fast boot and the problem has been fixed (after countless days of researching, calling and trying to figure it all out). Fixed the problem! Cool right? Well now all my games are running a tad bit lower and the color is not as bright. My ram is running at 2133MHz. My ram sticks can run at 3000 MHz. I feel this is somewhat related to the fix I just applied because before the games where brighter at the default 8 gigs of ram the computer came with (according to the tech I talked to the 8 gig stick comes overclocked by default). Trying to figure out if it's ok to up the MHz to try and fix the problem and how I should I do it to avoid the problem I had before?

Solution
The brightness in games has to be something else, RAM won’t impact that. If your monitor supports HDR has that been switched off? Your games will run at lower FPS when the RAM is running at a lower speed.

So far you have been lucky, mixing RAM like you have is not guaranteed to work. Hopefully the RAM is working in a hybrid mode with (8+8) in dual channel and an additional 8 in single channel. That’s best case. As for RAM speed that’s a gamble when mixing RAM, the higher the speed the more likely you are to have problems. It generally recommended not to mix RAM and to only use a single matched kit, for example a 2x8gb or 2x16gb kit. Any other combinations you can do your own testing but there are no guarantees. This is a good read, see...
The brightness in games has to be something else, RAM won’t impact that. If your monitor supports HDR has that been switched off? Your games will run at lower FPS when the RAM is running at a lower speed.

So far you have been lucky, mixing RAM like you have is not guaranteed to work. Hopefully the RAM is working in a hybrid mode with (8+8) in dual channel and an additional 8 in single channel. That’s best case. As for RAM speed that’s a gamble when mixing RAM, the higher the speed the more likely you are to have problems. It generally recommended not to mix RAM and to only use a single matched kit, for example a 2x8gb or 2x16gb kit. Any other combinations you can do your own testing but there are no guarantees. This is a good read, see odd man out section https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Everytime time it resets it put the memory back to 2133.

The teck you talked to is wrong the memory is not overclock by default the default settings are controlled by the motherboard.

Enable XMP or DOCP depending on the board and add 0.02 volts to the memory.

If that don't work then try the same thing at 3000.

Jun 8, 2020
I switched my dram frequency to ddr4-3000. Everything seems to be running fine. My last question is my dream voltage. It's set at 1.350v to the left. The same number appears on the right is red. Is that bad that it is red. Should I lower it? Both sticks can go 3000.

TRENDING THREADS