Jun 14, 2019
Hello guys. I have a PC with Gigabyte ga-f2a55m-s1 motherboard. I tried out a video card(quadro 5000) and now I'm facing problems. So i put in the new card and I installed a driver for it downloaded from nvidia site. After that started the problems. I've got black screen without any response from my PC. After that I replaced the quadro card with my GTX 650 that I used before without any problem. The windows started up and I thought that everything is alright. I removed the quadro driver components in windows and then restarted my PC. The black screen and freeze showed up again.
I thought that it's a problem with RAM connection or something like this. So I checked it, put out and back in. Now my pc started and I went to the BIOS. 4GB RAM was recognised and my another RAM stick wasn't.(I had 8GB). So I checked it again, after that I've got black screen again. After around 20x tries my PC finally started with 8GB RAM. But I've got the blue screen error in Windows. Then I decided to reinstall my windows and formatting my drives. The installing started but the blue screen error apparead again. Now I have no idea what is causing the problem. I tried to run with just one RAM stick but still got errors or freeze at startup. I also updated my BIOS to the newest version but still nothing.
I would really appreciate your help.

Solution
Hello guys. I have a PC with Gigabyte ga-f2a55m-s1 motherboard. I tried out a video card(quadro 5000) and now I'm facing problems. So i put in the new card and I installed a driver for it downloaded from nvidia site. After that started the problems. I've got black screen without any response from my PC. After that I replaced the quadro card with my GTX 650 that I used before without any problem. The windows started up and I thought that everything is alright. I removed the quadro driver components in windows and then restarted my PC. The black screen and freeze showed up again.
I thought that it's a problem with RAM connection or something like this. So I checked it, put out and back in. Now my pc started and I went to the BIOS...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Inspect the inside of the case to ensure that all connections and card seatings are fully and firmly in place. Also look for signs of damage that may have occurred when the video card and memory modules were swapped and moved about.

What errors are shown when the system fails to start/freeze?

Jun 14, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Inspect the inside of the case to ensure that all connections and card seatings are fully and firmly in place. Also look for signs of damage that may have occurred when the video card and memory modules were swapped and moved about.

What errors are shown when the system fails to start/freeze?
PSU is a noname cheap one with 500W. It's around 1 and a half year old.
CPU AMD A8 6600K 3.9ghz. I have a HDD and one SSD connected. That's all
Windows showed different errors one time I've got a simple error saying the system has a problem and can't boot or something like that but without any information or error code. And once I've got IRQL_Not_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.

Ralston18

Titan
Did you check inside the case both by sight and feel? Power down, unplug, and use a bright flashlight to inspect everything.

Use the motherboard's User Guide/Manual to double check the memory configuration. Slot placements and configuration.

Where there any errors mentioning CMOS? Worth a try to just replace the CMOS battery.

Are you able to boot into safe mode?

Try booting without the HDD drive connected if the HDD is a data drive and not a boot drive. Disconnect the optical drive as well.

I am leaning towards a failed/failing PSU.

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
I thought that it's a problem with RAM connection or something like this. So I checked it, put out and back in. Now my pc started and I went to the BIOS. 4GB RAM was recognised and my another RAM stick wasn't.(I had 8GB). So I checked it again, after that I've got black screen again. After around 20x tries my PC finally started with 8GB RAM. But I've got the blue screen error in Windows. Then I decided to reinstall my windows and formatting my drives. The installing started but the blue screen error apparead again. Now I have no idea what is causing the problem. I tried to run with just one RAM stick but still got errors or freeze at startup. I also updated my BIOS to the newest version but still nothing.
I would really appreciate your help.

Try swapping the drive out and freshly install Windows on it. If possible I would recommend creating a new USB Booter to ensure that the there is no error when creating the boot drive

Solution

TRENDING THREADS