Marcusktm9

Prominent
May 2, 2020
R7 2700x
RTX 2070
Hyperx Fury 3200 mhz 2x8 GB
MSI 470x gaming plus
750 Watt corsair

I swapped out my stock cooler for a BQ! DRP4 and the 24 pin motherboard power cable and the GPU power cables for sleeved ones, didnt touch ram in any way.
When i powered it on it lit up and then died around 4 times without me touching anything with different intervals of being turned on, before booting completely normal.
Now in task manager it says 8.1 GB is reserved for hardware, but reads 16,0 GB in upper right corner, and speed of ram is set 600 mhz lower.

Solution
well i bought a new identical ram stick and stuck it in, now works. still have no clue why the first one died on me. only 50 mb hardware reserved so i guess if your ram stick is broken it gets "reserved for hardware". everything is as it normally were now

Marcusktm9

Prominent
May 2, 2020
I have now tried taking each of them out, when i took out the first it said 50 MB reserved for hardware, so i figured it was the second that was busted. Swapped the first for the second and it didnt even boot. So i guess its the second ram stick that is for some reason busted. (tested in same slot on motherboard) I just cannot for the life of me figure out why the 1 ram stick would bust, since i didnt even touch it one bit.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
se this set from corsair have in line capacitor in so they other might not have it that why we dont mix cable from psu maker to the otherhttps://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/premium-individually-sleeved-psu-cable-kit-pro-package-type-4-generation-3-config/p/CP-8920153 for the ram memtest only one at the time and see use cpu -z spd and memory tab to view there specs .

Marcusktm9

Prominent
May 2, 2020
well i bought a new identical ram stick and stuck it in, now works. still have no clue why the first one died on me. only 50 mb hardware reserved so i guess if your ram stick is broken it gets "reserved for hardware". everything is as it normally were now

Solution