[SOLVED] Ram reserved problem again

Oct 24, 2019
Just bought new Crucial rgb pro dual channel ram 2x8 gb and my ram is hardware reserved in widows and i cant use my full ram i just bought please help ive been dealing with this problem for months no solutions work what so ever. Specs below

GPU rtx 2060 super
Cpu Ryzen 1700
Ram crucial rgb pro 2x8
mobo Msi B350 pro VDH
PSU EVGA 650 bronze 80+
Hardrive 1tb seagate drive no SSD

Solution
If it ran before it should still work, but if it ran at a slower speed then that's what they will all run at. It should test my theory for you.

The funny thing is this is based on a very old 32 bit OS trick. 32 bit OS can only adress 3.5 GB RAM. With an equally old 512K GPU 4GB RAM was perfect. With a 2 GB GPU there were problems. But you could put in 6GB ( 2GB in excess of the 32bit OS 4GB" limit")
and the GPU would find the "extra" RAM, and the OS would have a full ration. 8GB for the GPU, and 8GB for the OS is usually enough.
There may not be much improvement except that you will know what the missing RAM is doing.
The 8GB GPU may be reserving RAM at startup to cache textures. It will reserve adresses from the top down.
You may need to add an extra 8GB of RAM to cover this. It will probably still reserve 8GB.
An example of this is an 8GB system with a 4GB GPU was having a bottleneck. A faster 3GB GPU solved it by freeing up some RAM.

Oct 24, 2019
The 8GB GPU may be reserving RAM at startup to cache textures. It will reserve adresses from the top down.
You may need to add an extra 8GB of RAM to cover this. It will probably still reserve 8GB.
An example of this is an 8GB system with a 4GB GPU was having a bottleneck. A faster 3GB GPU solved it by freeing up some RAM.
I still have my old ballistix ram would that work if i put it in the remaining slots or do i have to have the same set of corsair ram

If it ran before it should still work, but if it ran at a slower speed then that's what they will all run at. It should test my theory for you.

The funny thing is this is based on a very old 32 bit OS trick. 32 bit OS can only adress 3.5 GB RAM. With an equally old 512K GPU 4GB RAM was perfect. With a 2 GB GPU there were problems. But you could put in 6GB ( 2GB in excess of the 32bit OS 4GB" limit")
and the GPU would find the "extra" RAM, and the OS would have a full ration. 8GB for the GPU, and 8GB for the OS is usually enough.
There may not be much improvement except that you will know what the missing RAM is doing.

Solution