Question RAM RGB turned off after cleaning the Registry ?

Lolhost

Prominent
Nov 14, 2020
I had to clean the windows registry trying to solve an unrelated(?) issue, right after that, the rgb on one of the ram sticks turned off and won't turn on again, even after a reboot, and no matter which rgb software I use.
My specs are:
Asrock x470 taichi
Ryzen 5 5600g
Team group T-Force R rgb 2x8gb
1tb hdd (I was using this one on a laptop and moved it to the new pc, this is the system drive. I don't know if this is relevant)
Windows 10 pro

PS. The stick that turned off is in the first slot, the other one on the third slot works fine. Only the rgb turned off, the ram itself works as it should.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Team rgb is generally motherboard software run, so it should be enabled and visible in the Polychrome. You may have to duplicate the affect of the first stick or set up new, but it should be viable. It might be that one stick has returned to a default off state or maybe just need reseating.

D

Deleted member 14196

Cleaning the registry never solves any issues. Restore from your last good back up. Registry cleaners are useless and should never be used. And you will most likely encounter more problems so fixing this issue isn’t really worth it

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Cleaning the registry never solves any issues. Restore from your last good back up. Registry cleaners are useless and should never be used. And you will most likely encounter more problems so fixing this issue isn’t really worth it
What do ypu think DDU is? It's a registry cleaner. It removes any and all registry associations, addresses, orphans from the registry so that there are no conflicts upon reinstall.

Reinstall doesn't overwrite existing data, it checks it, it's there, it skips it, whether that's registry entry or file. If anything is corrupted, it's skipped. Reg cleaners can help minimize that by removing associations and orphans and forcing a clean installation.

Sometimes software versions differ enough that they create a second install, (you'll see that in instructions saying to uninstall previous versions first). That leaves orphans with links and can create lag or conflicts.

If you rarely install anything, you are right, Reg cleaner doubtful will do much, but over the span of time, frequent or heavy install/deletes just leave the registry a mess.