[SOLVED] Ram running too slowly (sorry for stupid question)

Pbasco

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
I think my RAM is running too slowly. I have 2x (G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666) in my rig and they says they should reach speeds of about 2500mhz for being DDR4. However, when I look at my current clock speed with NZXT cam and Corsair icue it says the current clock speed is 1334mhz. That is for my total ram, not each individual stick right. If so then it's running way lower than it should. I have also had issues booting and the error code on the motherboard was memory-related. Is this a MOBO problem or a RAM problem. How do I fix this?

Thanks
Paul

Solution
I think my RAM is running too slowly. I have 2x (G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666) in my rig and they says they should reach speeds of about 2500mhz for being DDR4. However, when I look at my current clock speed with NZXT cam and Corsair icue it says the current clock speed is 1334mhz. That is for my total ram, not each individual stick right. If so then it's running way lower than it should. I have also had issues booting and the error code on the motherboard was memory-related. Is this a MOBO problem or a RAM problem. How do I fix this?

Thanks
Paul
It's DDR (Double Data Rate) so software reports base speed. It's actually running at full speed.
There's no total speed for multiple RAM sticks, it doesn't...

Thanks
Paul
It's DDR (Double Data Rate) so software reports base speed. It's actually running at full speed.
There's no total speed for multiple RAM sticks, it doesn't work like that.

Solution