Question Ram Runs at 800 mhz instead of 3200 when using both sticks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 10, 2019
I have an issue where when I try and use both sticks of my Vengence LPX 3200MHZ ram and i know for a fact my motherboard is compatible with it. It did the same thing with my last motherboard too. I also got a new cpu so it couldnt be that. Ive tried new ram aswell and same problem. Ive tried lots else but If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated. It works ok at 3200mhz when I am using one stick. Also sometimes when i use 2 sticks it wont even boot past bios.

BIOS versions have never been cumulative 'add- ons' to older versions, where older versions need to be done first...

Each BIOS version 100% replaces the older version. They are not like 'windows updates'.

If someone is down 3 versions, they may get the latest, which encompasses all the fixes contained in previous versions....(the sole exception to newer BIOS sometimes being 'not good' would be where B450 boards using oldest/slowest AM4 processors on the old architecture might stop working with later BIOS versions, as limited BIOS size needed to make some compromises to add Ryzen 3000 support

If anyone can find one published documentation that indicates anything to the contrary, I'd be more than delighted to read up on it and 'edumacate muhself'! :)

Reactions: Phaaze88
BIOS versions have never been cumulative 'add- ons' to older versions, where older versions need to be done first...

Each BIOS version 100% replaces the older version. They are not like 'windows updates'.

If someone is down 3 versions, they may get the latest, which encompasses all the fixes contained in previous versions....(the sole exception to newer BIOS sometimes being 'not good' would be where B450 boards using oldest/slowest AM4 processors on the old architecture might stop working with later BIOS versions, as limited BIOS size needed to make some compromises to add Ryzen 3000 support

If anyone can find one published documentation that indicates anything to the contrary, I'd be more than delighted to read up on it and 'edumacate muhself'! :)
I 100% agree. That is why I asked the poster "are you sure?".

TRENDING THREADS