[SOLVED] RAM saying different speeds, DDR3

Spenc_PC

Reputable
Mar 17, 2017
Hello,

I bought an office PC that I've been slowly upgrading. It had 8GB DDR3 1333mhz in it when i bought it, so i went out and bought two more sticks of DDR3 1333mhz ram and put it in my computer, its saying they're running at 342mhz, I'm just confused on why its saying this. Is it because i just have to multiple that number by the number of sticks i have (which is 4)? \

Thanks,
Spencer Walton

Solution
Hello,

I bought an office PC that I've been slowly upgrading. It had 8GB DDR3 1333mhz in it when i bought it, so i went out and bought two more sticks of DDR3 1333mhz ram and put it in my computer, its saying they're running at 342mhz, I'm just confused on why its saying this. Is it because i just have to multiple that number by the number of sticks i have (which is 4)? \

Thanks,
Spencer Walton
The ram speeds are always a multiple of the bus speed. So multiplying by 4 is necessary for any module. You're running fine since 342x4=1368 . :)
Hello,

Thanks,
Spencer Walton
The ram speeds are always a multiple of the bus speed. So multiplying by 4 is necessary for any module. You're running fine since 342x4=1368 . :)

Solution