[SOLVED] RAM saying out of memory when it's not

Oct 12, 2021
I received an error saying that I have run out of Memory when I'm not because I'm consistently checking. Also, my chrome crashes because of the multiple tabs open but I'm pretty sure my memory can carry the load, I'm just wondering why is that my RAM running 20%-40% is crashing?

My specs:
R5 3600x
2x Trident Z Neo 3200mhz 8gb - 16 gb total

Solution
To answer your question regarding the paging file, mine is still set to "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" should I disable it? How can this resolve my current problem?
No, leave it alone as it is now. Removing the page file may cause issues.

The "Non-paged pool" thing earlier was to see if that was over a few hundred MB. That typically indicates a leaky driver that needs updating.
Oct 12, 2021
Hello, thanks for your reply. I haven't checked my "non-paged pool" by the time it crashes, I just immediately check my memory usage percentage, if it crashes again, I'll definitely check on it and report back to you. It's just that it's pretty annoying because right after my chrome crashes, my PC monitor turns black. Do you see any additional problems here?

Oct 12, 2021
Run "mdsched.exe" in the command prompt. It's window's built in memory diagnostic tool. You should be able to access it before loading into your desktop.
Thanks for this. I've tried running the diagnostic tool but there were no errors detected.

Oct 12, 2021
Go to Task Manager -> Performance tab -> Memory page. What's the "Non-paged pool" value when this happens?

Also do you have a page file?
To answer your question regarding the paging file, mine is still set to "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" should I disable it? How can this resolve my current problem?

Metro_2033_Fan

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019
Thanks for this. I've tried running the diagnostic tool but there were no errors detected.
Okay, if that did not detect an issue with your RAM you can use "eventvwr" or "eventvwr.msc" in the command prompt again to get an overall system view. The event viewer is as the name implies; recordes all events that occur on your system. Look for any error messages (i.e. red text).

No, leave it alone as it is now. Removing the page file may cause issues.

The "Non-paged pool" thing earlier was to see if that was over a few hundred MB. That typically indicates a leaky driver that needs updating.

Solution