RAM Selection for GA-Z97X-UD3H

Jordan21

Reputable
May 12, 2015
Hello,

I've been reading through forums, reviews, and suggestions over the past few weeks. The amount of information has been quite overwhelming. I've settled on an Intel i5-4690K and a Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H. I was looking for input on a good Memory Selection to compliment the CPU and Motherboard selection.

I'm interested in 16GB as I plan on using the computer for Photo editing running Lightroom and Photoshop side by side usually with Chrome or a media player as well. I plan on using it for gaming as most would and prefer on an option that would still be good for the future, something that may OC with very little trouble or something quick off the bat to last a while.

I've considered the G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400 Mhz, but it is quite pricey. Could I be overlooking more economical options?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you,

- Jordan

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

You'd be surprised, my son does a lot of video, imaging work that type of thing and I recently gave him a set of 2400 (32GB) that he was thrilled with (he had been running 32GB of 2133, so jumping from 1866 to 2400 will be a bigger jump. I also know if I drop my 2800 sticks down to 2133 or 2400 I can tell the DRAM has been changed

Jordan21

Reputable
May 12, 2015
Thank you for your suggestions. I found the TridentX 2400 to be priced nearly identical to some of the lower clocked ram modules with an ~$35 difference. I know this next question might be off topic, but Newegg has the Gigabyte Gaming 5 (new & on sale) for nearly the same price as the UD3H stated previously. Could I still expect the Tri's to work well with the Gaming 5?

Sorry if this seems repetitive.

Latest posts