Question RAM Sensor Wire - Where/how to mount?

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I have a Rampage V Extreme with 5960x CPU. I just replaced my 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (4x4GB) RAM with 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x16GB). All RED RAM slots are in use, the BLACK ones are not. My friend built my computer 6 years ago. He also upgraded my RAM for me last week. Unfortunately, he didn't really secure the probe down in between two of my RAM sticks and it fell out and into the CPU Cooler's fan, causing a ticking noise. I moved the wire and twisted it around another cable, so at least the ticking noise would go away. Mind you, I'd never had this problem before.

What's the best way to mount this temperature probe wire so it's secure? I was told in another forum that I don't really need it unless I'm pumping extra voltage into it, but since it's already installed onto the motherboard on one end, I want to go ahead and make use of it.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have a Rampage V Extreme with 5960x CPU. I just replaced my 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (4x4GB) RAM with 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x16GB). All RED RAM slots are in use, the BLACK ones are not. My friend built my computer 6 years ago. He also upgraded my RAM for me last week. Unfortunately, he didn't really secure the probe down in between two of my RAM sticks and it fell out and into the CPU Cooler's fan, causing a ticking noise. I moved the wire and twisted it around another cable, so at least the ticking noise would go away. Mind you, I'd never had this problem before.

What's the best way to mount this temperature probe wire so it's secure? I was told in another forum that I don't really need it unless I'm pumping extra voltage into it, but since it's already installed onto the motherboard on one end, I want to go ahead and make use of it.
You don't even need a temp probe their just move it out of the way.

ASK THE COMMUNITY