Reputable
Aug 23, 2017
hello everyone hope everyone is doing good
so i have this mobo ASROCK P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 + i7 3770 non K no OC
Dual Channel DDR3 memory technology
  • 4 x DDR3 DIMM slots
  • Supports DDR3 2133(OC)/1866(OC)/1600/1333/1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
  • Max. capacity of system memory: 32GB*
  • Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the problem :
i was using this motherboard for a year and i was using a single ram 8GB 1600mhz on RAM slot B2 (the last slot on the right )
i never installed the ram on the other slots but , how ever
i bought 16gb kit G.SKILL RIPJAWS (4X4GB 1600mhz ) and installed all the rams in the 4 slots , removed the 8gb one
motherboard gave me error 55 wont post
so i tried the slots one by one and tried different rams , all the slots posted except for the slot A1 ( the slot on the left close to cpu )
so it wouldn't post and error 55 kept coming , no beeping however.
BUT i used a 1333mhz ram on the slot A1 and it posted with no single problem , slot wont post with 1600mhz frequency ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
solution i used and it didn't work :
all cpu's pins are all in place
removed the cpu cooler
flashed the bios
enabled XMP profile in the motherboard
cmos reset
changed voltages and frequencies of the rams
placed rams on different patterns : A1-B1 A1-A2 A1-B2
cleaned the ram slot
the rams were compatible with the mobo they posted normally except for the last slot .
---------------------------------------------------------------
can anyone please make a sense out of it ?
thank you soo much

Solution
you could try and take a fine bristled (paint)brush to dust the slots off of any dust/debris. I'm suspecting that after years of service, the slot closest to the CPU socket might've had a build up of dust, paired with humidity lead to the contacts in the slot corroding.

Which BIOS version are you on at the moment? Which OS version are you working off of at the moment? Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Lutfij

Titan
you could try and take a fine bristled (paint)brush to dust the slots off of any dust/debris. I'm suspecting that after years of service, the slot closest to the CPU socket might've had a build up of dust, paired with humidity lead to the contacts in the slot corroding.

Which BIOS version are you on at the moment? Which OS version are you working off of at the moment? Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Solution

mizliz

Reputable
Aug 23, 2017

i will try to clean it with a brush and update you ( even tho the 1333mhz ram worked fine on that slot )
bios is updated to the lasted 2.20
psu : MWE 500W +80 PLUS WHITE