Question RAM slot B2 on my Z390-P apparently doesn't work

AfternoonVxbe

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
Problem:
I was cleaning out my PC a few days ago and when I put everything back on that day it all seemed, well, all fine to me (didn't have an account here at the time). Screwed and placed everything back on to where they were before I cleaned, my ram was tight and everything, like it was all going to plan. When I turned on my PC and check my BIOS settings (which I usually do to double check if everything is all fine), it said only one of my ram slots (which was A2) was working. I was pretty confused so I went on and swapped my ram from B2 and my ram from A2 with each other (since I thought my other ram stick was just plain broken) and my other stick from B2 was working. I don't use my 1's since my guide said it's recommended to use my 2's slots. I'm still pretty panicked since most of the games I play are mostly 16GB games and they're usually multiplayer. I'm not a big tech person and I asked my pretty techy friend to look into it (going over to my place in a few days) and he told me to head here if I could get some tips here. I'm wondering if I need to buy a new mobo which my parents really won't agree to since they don't want me wasting money on technology and such or if I need to update anything that I haven't in the past. This has NEVER happened to me on the other times I've cleaned my PC. If you want some images of my BIOs and ram positioning I can send them in the comments (might not respond to some comments that come in within the next few hours since I have to head to bed).

Specs:
(Prebuilt, yeah I got this when I didn't know a lot about pcs)
ASUS Z390-P Prime (obviously)
i7-9700F
RTX 2060S (Super)
CORSAIR RM850x Gold
Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB 3000MHz (this 1.35v stick does work with my 1.2v mobo as I've used it for the past 2 years)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Pretty much all board's these todays will have you use slots A2 and B2 when working with a dual channel ram kit. Since you're able to get into BIOS, what BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? On a side note, while you've disconnected from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 30 minutes, head back into BIOS and see if the ram shows up.

As for ram voltages, you can work with 1.45v...it's the voltage the ram kits need that needs paying attention to.

AfternoonVxbe

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
Ah ok thank you for this. I'll try that tomorrow after I'm done with classes and such. I'm running on Ver. 2820 currently since that's the most recent version I think I could have installed. I'll update when I get back home from school.

AfternoonVxbe

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Pretty much all board's these todays will have you use slots A2 and B2 when working with a dual channel ram kit. Since you're able to get into BIOS, what BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? On a side note, while you've disconnected from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 30 minutes, head back into BIOS and see if the ram shows up.

As for ram voltages, you can work with 1.45v...it's the voltage the ram kits need that needs paying attention to.
I did this, yet it didn't detect my stick of ram on B2. Is there anything else I could try?