Question Ram Slot issue

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
i have b450 tomahawk and pc won't boot when i plug ram in any slot other than 3. working fine in slot 3 while not booting in any of other slots and also give red light on DRAm on motherboard.

it was working perfectly about an hour ago but slot gone working after replacing psu.

does it means that slots are faulty now .
if yes can slots be replaced.?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Why was the PSU replaced?

Make, model, wattage, age, condition for old and new PSUs?

========

Slots cannot be replaced. You should take a close look at both the slots and RAM module(s) for signs of damage. Or debris inside the RAM slots.

Double check the motherboard manual. Some motherboards require that the first installed RAM be physically installed in a particular slot.

Slot 3 does not sound correct to me....

When replacing the psu is it possible the cpu and cooler got knocked? If the cpu is not sitting perfectly it may cause issues with RAM slots not working. I’d be tempted to reseat the cpu. I am basing this on the comment that it was working before, however slot 3 I believe is the correct one to use when running 1 RAM DIMM.

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
I was surprised today I decided to take mobo to mechanic and thought to made one last chance. Before taking to mechanic I plugged ram again in those faulty slots and now it is working perfectly without any issue.

Anyone encountered this kind of issue where slots stopped working and mobo gave red light but after few fays they started working again by themselves?

Arman Chermakyan

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
I was surprised today I decided to take mobo to mechanic and thought to made one last chance. Before taking to mechanic I plugged ram again in those faulty slots and now it is working perfectly without any issue.

Anyone encountered this kind of issue where slots stopped working and mobo gave red light but after few fays they started working again by themselves?

I am having a very related issue to yours. About a couple of months ago I have purchased a Ryzen 7 2700x CPU as an upgrade from my Ryzen 3 1200 CPU. However, when I seated my CPU into its socket firmly and turned on my computer, I noticed that my computer would only display only 8GB of RAM instead of 16GB. My RAM sticks work in perfect condition as it gave me no trouble with my old Ryzen 3 1200 CPU. Could my problem be that my motherboard is too weak to handle 16GB of RAM with a high end processor or is it some other type of issue? I'm still trying to get this answered.
By the way, I'm using the GA-A320M-S2H motherboard.

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
I am having a very related issue to yours. About a couple of months ago I have purchased a Ryzen 7 2700x CPU as an upgrade from my Ryzen 3 1200 CPU. However, when I seated my CPU into its socket firmly and turned on my computer, I noticed that my computer would only display only 8GB of RAM instead of 16GB. My RAM sticks work in perfect condition as it gave me no trouble with my old Ryzen 3 1200 CPU. Could my problem be that my motherboard is too weak to handle 16GB of RAM with a high end processor or is it some other type of issue? I'm still trying to get this answered.
By the way, I'm using the GA-A320M-S2H motherboard.

update your bios

Arman Chermakyan

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
update your bios
I recently updated my BIOS to version F53, it's the latest version posted on my motherboards manufacturer website. The motherboard I am using a GA-A320M-S2H Motherboard. I have also updated to it's latest driver. I don't have any onboard graphics, so I am using a GTX 1050ti at which that shouldn't really be a factor as to why my RAM is half in Hardware Reserved. I also enabled Extreme Memory Profile in my BIOS and still no results. These are my overall troubleshoots.