[SOLVED] ram slot or ram

Mar 18, 2020
Hey, so i have been having memory related bsod and i tested my ram with memtest86 and in the pass 2 test 3 i got 300 errors. So im unsure do i have to buy new ram or maybe my motherboards ram slot is broken. PLS help i need my pc because all of this corona quarantine stuff only thing to do right now.
Thanks in advance!!!

Solution
Hey, i got my new ram yesterday ran the mem test 0 errors ( with old ram had 12k), ran windows memory diagnostics no errors. So in the end the solution was the ram just buy new ram!
Mar 18, 2020
Or get the modules reseated after you blew some compressed air into the slots.
Or disable XMP.

Or (if you want more help) try providing some more info on the hardware you are tinkering with 🙃
Hey
Cpu- ryzen 5 2600
Mobo- gibabyte aorus elite
Gpu- 1070 ti
Sss- kingston
ram- g.skill ripjawas 2x8gb, cl16, 3200mhz
Stock cooler
silverstone psu

Mar 18, 2020
Try to lower your ram speed at 2933MHz and re check.. (Even tho it should work fine at 3200MHz)

If not try updating bios and check again (if you have updated to last point) check them 1 by 1 in memtest.
i will try testing they 1 by 1 but i tried playing any game with 8gb and i was getting under 100 fps so if one would be broken id still have to buy new ram, oh and how do u update bios?

Its really easy, if you're unsure which motherboard you have , download CPU-Z, run it and onto motherboard tab you will see exact model number of your motherboard.
image.png

Then you type i google like Asus Maximus Hero VII and it will popup, go to support tab and select the bios.
For your instance it would be B450/X470/X570 (since there are variations with chipset).
And also there are tutorials all around youtube how to update bios.

In short story , download bios file (Correct one) put it onto usb (Fat32 formatted) or hard drive in root folder its best where windows is installed (Root means you have like folder name Music on desktop and you put into it not the sub folders into other band names).

Then restart PC , keep tapping DEL button to enter bios and somwhere would be to update the bios.

Mar 18, 2020
Its really easy, if you're unsure which motherboard you have , download CPU-Z, run it and onto motherboard tab you will see exact model number of your motherboard.
image.png

Then you type i google like Asus Maximus Hero VII and it will popup, go to support tab and select the bios.
For your instance it would be B450/X470/X570 (since there are variations with chipset).
And also there are tutorials all around youtube how to update bios.

In short story , download bios file (Correct one) put it onto usb (Fat32 formatted) or hard drive in root folder its best where windows is installed (Root means you have like folder name Music on desktop and you put into it not the sub folders into other band names).

Then restart PC , keep tapping DEL button to enter bios and somwhere would be to update the bios.
Hey, ok u have gibabyte aourus elite mobo i will try today to download the bios will tell u if it worked, thanks for help!

Mar 18, 2020
hey, tried updating bios and reseted still getting bsod, i am getting new ram on wednesday will update if it help, hope it will, if buying new ram wont help i dont know what to do anymore.

Mar 18, 2020
Hey, i tried but i cant game without it, without i get like 60 fps but with like 160 fps so im just gonna buy new ram. Corsair vengance lpx 3000 mhz cl 15 nd will put the mhz to 2933, that shoul work. Im getting it on wednesday i will update if that fixed it

Reactions: vov4ik_il
Mar 18, 2020
but how do i check if my new ram the corsair vengance lpx will be compatible, can u check for me ?
mobo- gibabyte aourus elite b450
ram- corsair vengance lpx 16 gb, 2x8gb, 3000mhz, cl16.
Edit- so i checked if my current gskill 3200 is compatible, turns out it isnt, but the one i bought (corsair) actually is, daemn so the qvl was the problem all along.

Last edited:
Hey,
To check QVL you need to go to the manufacturers’ website support section for your specific motherboard and download the memory qualified vendor list (qvl) and go through the whole document looking for your memory model...
I can go through it but not with my phone :)

Mar 18, 2020
Hey, i got my new ram yesterday ran the mem test 0 errors ( with old ram had 12k), ran windows memory diagnostics no errors. So in the end the solution was the ram just buy new ram!

Solution