[SOLVED] RAM Slot won't work after cleaning PC

Issue Games

Honorable
Jul 26, 2015
So I just cleaned my PC reapplied paste and stuff nothing out of the ordinary. Now I boot my PC and it won't give display with both RAMS installed.. When I remove the RAM from DIMM_a1 it boots just fine. My mobo is Asus H310m-k Prime it only has two RAM slots. I also tried all the over-the-counter solutions like exchange RAMS through both slots. Reset bios. Cmos reset all.
At the end of the day no matter what I do the pc won't boot until I remove ram from the slot/dimm_a1.
Both the rams work fine on slot B. But neither work on slot a.
So is the ram slot_a dead? If is pls suggest a decent budget mobo.
My specs are
i5 8400
Saphire RX 580 8gb
RAMS are corsair vengeance 2666mhz 8GiBx2

Issue Games

Honorable
Jul 26, 2015
reseat the CPU, check that no pins are bent in the CPU socket

check if any contacts were damaged while you were cleaning the dimm slots

reset the BIOS
reflash the latest bios version
I reseated the cpu twice.. And the 2nd time there actually was kind of bent pin just one pin and I carefully adjusted it back to its place.
And there is no visible damage to the dimm slots I barely touched them since they were clean.
I'm gonna reflash the bios and then install the 2nd ram on dimm_a again and see it that fixes it.
Thanks for the quick response)

D

Deleted member 14196

If it works before you clean it—then I ask you how flashing the BIOS is supposed to help you? It used to work fine until you mess with it and now you wanna flash BIOS which could hose was your motherboard? That makes absolutely zero sense

If something works perfectly before and you take it apart and put it back together and it doesn’t work then BIOS has nothing to do with it

My guess is that you damaged it and will probably need a new motherboard. Use memtest 86 And test each ram individually to see if the ram is the problem

Issue Games

Honorable
Jul 26, 2015
If it works before you clean it—then I ask you how flashing the BIOS is supposed to help you? It used to work fine until you mess with it and now you wanna flash BIOS which could hose was your motherboard? That makes absolutely zero sense

If something works perfectly before and you take it apart and put it back together and it doesn’t work then BIOS has nothing to do with it

My guess is that you damaged it and will probably need a new motherboard. Use memtest 86 And test each ram individually to see if the ram is the problem
Thank you for the response. I did some research online and found that a bent cpu pin might render a ram slot useless. So it's kinda obvious that I need a new mobo. One thing I have to ask. Since my PC is running fine I did an hour of gaming too. Should I continue to use my PC knowing there's a bent cpu pin will it damage my cpu or other components if I use pc until I get a new mobo?
P.S can you suggest a budget mobo for my specs? I can't spend too much since I'm just a student (

D

Deleted member 14196

If it’s a bent pin on a CPU then that’s the thing that you probably need to replace Just the cpu