Question Ram slots and cpu

Mar 25, 2019
When I have been playing games I have been having what looks like bad frame lag even though I'm getting 100 fps. I play on a 144hz monitor with a second 60hz and I know for sure I have the 144hz monitor set to 144hz. I have recently realized that I have been using single channel ram even though I have two ram sticks. I understand that in order to have dual channel you need to have the ram sticks in certain slots, but I am not able to have the ram sticks in those certain slots because whenever I have them in the other slots than the two I have them in right now my computer won't boot and I get a beep code. Side note: When I was moving cases and putting on a new fan I noticed I bent the cpu, but straightened it still works.

Question 1. Is the bad frame lag even though its at 100+ fps because of single channel ram?

Question 2. Could the CPU be the issue to the bad ram slots?

1. Yes it can cause some lag due to RAM throughput is effectively halved. That doesn't mean that RAM performance is halved but can be reduced in some applications.
  2. Yes, memory controller is in the CPU so a damage to it or it's interface can hamper RAM communication and cause all kinds of trouble.

TRENDING THREADS