Ram slots are fine but wont boot if 2 sticks are installed

AJC___8296

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
Hi everyone today I recently got a motherboard which is already used. then I let the tech there to test the board it was working all just fine.

Then I brought the board home and installed it. The rams that I have were brandnew and are working just fine but I cannot use both in the ram slots. The second slot is just fine if I use a single stick in it but the 1st one won't let the pc post.

So I returned the board, and the techguy tested it with my rams and it Worked! then I got home and tested it same scenario from the past day 1st ramslot wont let my pc post.

Help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Are you sure you are putting them in the right slots. Try to use the other slots and see if it works. You said that when the tech guy put YOUR ram sticks in it worked. Did he use the same slots you did, if so then I don't know what you could do other than get a new motherboard. You could also try resetting the CMOS or change the little motherboard battery. That's all I know that I could help you with.

Nicholasashton6425

Commendable
Apr 29, 2017
Are you sure you are putting them in the right slots. Try to use the other slots and see if it works. You said that when the tech guy put YOUR ram sticks in it worked. Did he use the same slots you did, if so then I don't know what you could do other than get a new motherboard. You could also try resetting the CMOS or change the little motherboard battery. That's all I know that I could help you with.

Solution