[SOLVED] RAM slots do not work after installing new CPU

Apr 12, 2020
So to be short, my 2 RAM slots closest to the CPU do not work after installing a new CPU. I used to run on 4x4GB RAM, i had a i5-3470. I bought a new i7 3770k and installed it, now only 2 RAM slots work, i tried all 4 RAM sticks individually and they do all work, but none work in one of my now "faulty" RAM slots. What could the cause be?
Thanks for any help provided

Solution
The cpu might not be contacting properly.... also bent ot damaged pins on the socket.......could also be the reason.
Take out the CPU check the socket very carefully and if everything seems fine....reseat the CPU.
You can check the CPU itself for burns or damage.

burnedpadS.jpg
The cpu might not be contacting properly.... also bent ot damaged pins on the socket.......could also be the reason.
Take out the CPU check the socket very carefully and if everything seems fine....reseat the CPU.

burnedpadS.jpg

Solution
Apr 12, 2020

burnedpadS.jpg
Checked my CPU and it seemed fine, had a 45 minute struggle getting the cooler back on but i managed to do it. At first boot (using only 1 RAM stick) i had 2 beeps at startup but it did boot, then just put the other sticks in and it booted fine without any beeps. Going to keep an eye on my temps right now but other than that it looks like its working fine for now. Thank you for helping me, I was scared i had to buy 2x8GB RAM. Anyways, appreciate the help, thanks.