Aug 1, 2019
Hey,
I have MS-7613 mobo with 5.15 BIOS version.
Mobo has 4 ram slots (Dual Channel 1-3, 2-4).
Before 1 month I had 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz 1.5V in 2nd and 4th slots, but I got from brother +2GB same spec RAM because he upgraded to ddr4. I inserted brothers RAM in 1st slot but I didn't get a picture, but when I moved RAM in 3rd slot PC was working fine with 6GB RAM.EVerything was OK until I took out RAMs to test friend's mobo with 2 RAM slots which works perfectly, but after that RAMs only work in 3rd and 4th slots and I can't get dual channel or 6GB RAM.PC turns on fans work but mouse is not working keyboard is not working and no screen.I have tried to wait,to change RAM positions, to restart BIOS trough battery or jumper to finally realise that RAM only works in 3rd and 4th slots.I thought to upgrade my PC with 2 more GB of RAM but now I can only buy a new RAM 2x4GB without dual channel or to try to replace a mobo.RAMs are all same specs but all from other brands but they worked in the same time and now they all work but not all in same time.I think that mobo is problem but how can mobo messed up if I only took out RAM tried it in new system and put it back.If someone could help me please write solutions because this never happened to me.Sorry for my English it is not my native language.

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
You will have to read the manual and find out how the slots are paired. A1 might be paired with B1, or it might be paired with A2. The manual will say what slot to use for one stick of ram, what to use for two, and how to do four.

If you get the ram in out of order the results can be very strange. In my Asus, the computer would say on post that it had no RAM, but then it would work. But it didn't work well.

Aug 1, 2019
If I use only 1 stick of RAM it only works in 3rd and 4th slots.Slots 1 and 2 can't load RAM.It was working with 6 GB of RAM in 2nd 3rd and 4th slot but now doesn't.

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
If I use only 1 stick of RAM it only works in 3rd and 4th slots.Slots 1 and 2 can't load RAM.It was working with 6 GB of RAM in 2nd 3rd and 4th slot but now doesn't.

Well there are people who "have the touch" and seem able to go in and mess with a motherboard and never make a bad move. I am not one of those people. Once I have something in and working I try to keep it that way....that means I try not to mess with the components. I have a computer upstairs with DDR3 so I'm guessing that your motherboard is fairly old (like mine, which is 5 1/2 years old).

The point I'm making is that when you start pulling stuff out of a motherboard and putting it somewhere else (another PC ) and then bring it back again you are submitting it to all kinds of stresses. New gear might handle that stress very well. But older gear, which has been subjected to thousands of hours of heating and cooling, in the same stresses of being put in and taken out, might fail--in the motherboard's slot for the RAM, or in the RAM itself, or both.

I don't have a clear picture of what is the best path for you but I think that give the situation it's probably not a good idea to invest a lot of money in more DDR3.

If money it so be spent, it would be best on a new mobo to support DDR4 and a new cpu etc.

In other words unless someone here posts the miracle solution you may be coming up fast on the need for a new build (which is what happened to me in May, I did a psu replacement with the idea of extending my PC till 2022, and instead, I burned out the peripherals, and now have a completely new build.) You might not have intended a new build, but often times the need for a new build "jumps on you." It may be this RAM situation is not going to sort out in a way you like.

Aug 1, 2019
I haven't a lot of money to invest in new mobo,ram,cpu...so if I didn't get a solution I will buy a new 8GB RAM stick.I am not a user which runs for a high build just saying that 4GB of RAM is not enough for 2019.
Thanks for answer :D

Aug 1, 2019
Edit 2: I have managed to start windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM with new CPU but it's only usable 3.96 GB.In BIOS says that I have 3 stick of 2 GB (6 GB) but total memory is 4096 MB.I have tried BOOT Advance options but it doesn't work.I'm not using integrated graphic card!

Jul 28, 2019
Edit 2: I have managed to start windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM with new CPU but it's only usable 3.96 GB.In BIOS says that I have 3 stick of 2 GB (6 GB) but total memory is 4096 MB.I have tried BOOT Advance options but it doesn't work.I'm not using integrated graphic card!

Problems seem like:
First: maybe you are using a 32bit version of windows 10 > if yes then you won't be able to use the rest of your 2GB.
Second: 6GB ram is installed 2GB might be assigned in IGPu> select the Dedicated graphics card in Bios
Third: if first and second are not applicable then press win key and R and bring the "run" from your desktop and type "mscongif.msc" without the quotes off course
and from msconfig window under boot ( the second tab) click Advanced Options and uncheck the box above Maximum Memory which might be 4096, if yes then put there 0 and OK then hit Apply and OK then restard walla Problem Solved.

Aug 1, 2019
In version of BIOS "5.15" Aug/6/2010 Fixes are:
  • Resolves issue with incorrect processor fan speed after resuming from sleep mode.
  • Resolves issue with no display on systems with 6 GB memory installed (3 x 2 GB).
  • Resolves issue with the system hanging and displaying a black screen after a reboot.
but I have 5.15 June/6/2010 version and can't really install new version on Windows 10.
Maybe I can't get full RAM because of Windows 10 or it's this bug with my current version 2nd dot.
What should I do:
1.Try Windows 7 with 6 GB RAM
2.Buy 2 GB stick and try to avoid this BIOS bug