[SOLVED] Ram slow B1 and B2 won’t work

Dec 30, 2020
Hi all. I just exchanged my CPU cooler for a NZXT kraken x53 and before that all 4 sticks of ram worked with no problem. After installing the new CPU cooler, suddenly my B1/2 slots will not post. All 4 stocks of ram have RGB and when powered on all 4 sticks of ram light up, which leads me to believe that all 4 sticks are powering on and should be working but again, they just won’t. My motherboard is a ROG strix B450-f gaming motherboard, with a Ryzen 7 2700k with a EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1660 TI. Please help me.

Solution
LED working is a not a sign of the RAM working. That's like saying your car front lights is a sign that your car start correctly.

A CPU that is not correctly installed or a CPU with too much pressure on it or a damaged CPU can cause RAM slots to stop working since the Memory Controller is in the CPU.

Look for bent pins on the CPU. Make sure to not put too much pressure on the CPU while you screw the screws.
LED working is a not a sign of the RAM working. That's like saying your car front lights is a sign that your car start correctly.

A CPU that is not correctly installed or a CPU with too much pressure on it or a damaged CPU can cause RAM slots to stop working since the Memory Controller is in the CPU.

Look for bent pins on the CPU. Make sure to not put too much pressure on the CPU while you screw the screws.

Solution
Dec 30, 2020
Well it turns out it had to have been the motherboard. It was getting too late for me to tinker around with my computer, I ended up just swapping motherboards and everything is working fine. I appreciate the help nonetheless and I hope you have a great night.

TRENDING THREADS